Note to New Members ×

Nakiska Expression Session (NES) 2014 - January 10-12

Riceball

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riceball, how was it on Saturday?

Saturday was awesome. It was packed powder and cold so things should set up nicely for this coming weekend. Believe it or not, the temperatures are supposed to be hovering around 0C all weekend. Something must be wrong because we never get those numbers during NES!

I'm out for sure. Tried the Monster at Fairmont over the holidays. Made it 300m down the slope before the ankle gave out and then had to be sledded down...grrr.

I'm good for pizza and beer though.

That really sucks. Glad you can make it for the Saturday night.

Coiler details please.

175 EC board, 22 waist, extra junk in the trunk to carry my extra junk in the trunk. Remember the board I took out at SES and was instantly in love, and getting lower than ever before? It's just like that!

NES buy/sell/trade?

I have some 3-degree TD3 cants, I'd love to trade for some 6-degree TD3 cants. Mine are in good working order, yours should be too. Anyone interested in trades? I'd also consider selling the cants.

Selling:

Size 27 Deeluxe Track 700 boots. Big toe areas have been punched, in good working condition with minor scuffs/scratches. Heel pads are nearing the end of their life. $300 with twice-molded Intuition liners.

F2 Intec heels. Used for 1/2 season before I got FinTecs. I kept these as spares until I got a second set of FinTecs. $60.

Buy both for $350. OBO.

175 EC board, 22 waist, extra junk in the trunk to carry my extra junk in the trunk. Remember the board I took out at SES and was instantly in love, and getting lower than ever before? It's just like that!

Looks like a sweet ride. Found your detailed specs here. I may have to demo it:eplus2:

NES buy/sell/trade?

I have some 3-degree TD3 cants, I'd love to trade for some 6-degree TD3 cants. Mine are in good working order, yours should be too. Anyone interested in trades? I'd also consider selling the cants.

Selling:

Size 27 Deeluxe Track 700 boots. Big toe areas have been punched, in good working condition with minor scuffs/scratches. Heel pads are nearing the end of their life. $300 with twice-molded Intuition liners.

F2 Intec heels. Used for 1/2 season before I got FinTecs. I kept these as spares until I got a second set of FinTecs. $60.

Buy both for $350. OBO.

Duh, forgot the big item:

Donek A Plate with 4x4 mounting pattern so it fits on any board. Very good condition, only 3 days on it. Similar to this one but with different graphics. $280 OBO.

Edited by corey_dyck

Hey Steve, I have some Burton Winds he can try (good shape).

Also I have your Burton plates.

I'll run them out to you or you could swing through Marda loop on your way home one night.

Thanks Blair, send me your address again and I'll make arrangements with you to do that.

As requested, here is an updated itinerary for the 2014 Nakiska Expression Session.

Friday, January 10, 2014.

9am - Meet at main base lodge - look for pile of carving boards outside main lodge. There will be a bunch of us inside.

10am - Photo shoot with Riceball - I need to shoot Freddy both still and riding. Will take pics of other people too for profiles, etc.

11:30am - Lunch in lounge at main base lodge

Saturday, January 11, 2014.

9am - Meet at main base lodge - look for pile of carving boards outside main lodge. There will be a bunch of us inside.

10:00am - Riding photo shoot with Riceball - for those who missed Friday

1:30pm - Intermediate Clinic with Corey

6-9pm - Pizza, drinks and photo/video viewing at the Recsky household - 78 Sprinbank Cres SW, Calgary - 403-217-2688

Sunday, January 12, 2014.

10:00am - Riding photo shoot with Riceball - for those who missed Friday and Saturday

4:00pm - Session Ends :(

Don't forget to bring extra equipment and throw it in your vehicle if you have it. Other people may want to ride/test things and or buy/sell stuff.

For those of you who are beginner carvers, please let one of us veterans know and we can mentor you for first runs. Help is here!

Riceball