Note to New Members ×

Ottawa Ride Thread '13-14!

Ian M

Interested in weekly learning sessions this season? Which days work for you ?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Interested in weekly learning sessions this season? Which days work for you ?

• Monday evening
    • Tuesday evening
    • Thursday evening
    • Friday evening
    • Saturday, day
    • Sunday, day

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So what are the plans for tomorrow? Is there a Tuesday session? I am excited to see (and ride) with everyone - it has been too long. And it isn't going to be $#@! cold for a change. WOW.

Planning to be there tomorrow, probably with a colleague from work, also a hardbooter.

:cool:

Powder day @ Sutton?? I was getting snowfall email alerts all last week from them.

~50cm last week, they did have time to groom the Pow into the groomed runs but yes, it was a very soft ride. I traded the board in at lunch for planks, so I could play in the woods. Pretty fun day overall.

The locals seemed pretty happy, they haven't had a lot of snow this year.

Hey everyone! These sessions have been amazing lately, so thank you all for coming out and tearing it up. What a pleasure to ride with so many talented folk!

This coming week, several of us will be in Vermont for the East Coast Expression Session (ECES). So, there is no organized ride this Tuesday, Feb 25th. We'll be back on the following week, March 4th!

Cheers,

Ian :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Due to a very nasty cold, I won't be able to ride tonight. My apologies for the late notice, I just woke up.

I'd love to have an end-of-season gathering with y'all, perhaps I'll organize something with Tabby (who loves to organize) for April.

Cheers,

Ian

Thanks so much for all the tips and lessons Ian, you helped get my confidence on the board back. Much appreciated. Get well soon.

I'll be riding tonight and likely for the next few weeks too, weather permitting, but every indication is we may have an extended season and the best part about this time of year, there are generally fewer people on the hill.

Peter V

Bad news everyone ... looks like Cascade is ending night skiing this weekend. Fresh from their website:

Hours of operation:

Monday, March 17th to Friday, March 21st: 10am-10pm

Saturday, March 22nd: 9am-10pm

Sunday, March 23rd: 9am-5pm

Monday, March 24th to Friday, March 28st: 10am-5pm

Saturday, March 29th: 9am-5pm

Sunday, March 30th: 9am-5pm

According to their websites Vorlage, Edelweiss and Camp Fortune will also end their night skiing this weekend. Does this mean it is over??? It can't be. I wanted to see you all next week!

Oh shoot! that can't be it the best is yet to come and there is lots of base left. That's to bad I was just starting to get the hang of this. I may be up at MsM for the next two weekends, apparently the last day for MsM is Sunday Mar 30th. Let me know or

LET US ALL KNOW WHERE YOUR LAST DAYS WILL BE.

The good news is Mountain Biking is just around the corner. Check out our trails and map at VeloMsM.com and our mountain fest fun weekend. I'll be managing trail building crews at 2 locations this year with new funding for both, more new trails for Mont Ste Marie and Leslie Parc. If your interested in more info, peterv@live.ca

If I don't see Ian until next year, Thanks so much for your lessons, they really help me get out of a rut and a very awkward start to my carving season.

Peter V

Bad news everyone ... looks like Cascade is ending night skiing this weekend. Fresh from their website:

Hours of operation:

Monday, March 17th to Friday, March 21st: 10am-10pm

Saturday, March 22nd: 9am-10pm

Sunday, March 23rd: 9am-5pm

Monday, March 24th to Friday, March 28st: 10am-5pm

Saturday, March 29th: 9am-5pm

Sunday, March 30th: 9am-5pm

According to their websites Vorlage, Edelweiss and Camp Fortune will also end their night skiing this weekend. Does this mean it is over??? It can't be. I wanted to see you all next week!