Note to New Members ×

Ottawa Ride Thread '13-14!

Ian M

Interested in weekly learning sessions this season? Which days work for you ?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Interested in weekly learning sessions this season? Which days work for you ?

• Monday evening
    • Tuesday evening
    • Thursday evening
    • Friday evening
    • Saturday, day
    • Sunday, day

^ Sorry to hear that, Peter! I'm glad the conditions were rideable, hopefully tonight will be less rock-like with a bit of grooming and snow.

If you'd like a better heads-up about session changes, please do send me your email address. We'll be back to Tuesday nights next week, hopefully for the rest of the season. Hope you can make lots of the Tuesdays!

Ian :)

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey everyone - I am offering to be a gear mule. Will be in Colorado at the beginning of February and will see the Bomber people so if you have small orders you need me to bring back let me know. Would prefer is boots or plates (does anyone here ride with a plate?) were not included in this ask - but bindings and other miscellaneous is cool.

If you want something - order though Bomber on-line before the 29th of this, tell Michelle I will pick it up and then let me know what it is.

Thanks

There are three people who frequent Edelweiss, usually in the morning - they have been going their for years. Last year we were able to lure Serge out to meet some of us, so he might make an appearance at Cascade sometime. The other two are awesome and have been carving for years and, while they never wait for you in the lift (they just want to ride all the time) are more than happy to give you tips and hints in French.

Probably wont need gear, Tabby...but find out the intel from Sean on what he will be bringing for boards to ECES. Has Bruce said if he will be at ECES?

Hey everyone - I am offering to be a gear mule. Will be in Colorado at the beginning of February and will see the Bomber people so if you have small orders you need me to bring back let me know. Would prefer is boots or plates (does anyone here ride with a plate?) were not included in this ask - but bindings and other miscellaneous is cool.

If you want something - order though Bomber on-line before the 29th of this, tell Michelle I will pick it up and then let me know what it is.

Thanks

Quick note to say that tomorrow's carving session (Jan 21st) is still ON, despite the week of cold temperatures. I'll be out there, dressed warm, having fun :D Come play!

7pm, at the base of waterslide-side quad.

I'll be there!

Rode Pak this morning, incredible conditions, firm fresh cord throughout, and totally untouched. We were pretty much the only people on the hill. Even got to do some limbo with the line that separates the hill from the play park. :P Good times!

Dress warm.

Quick note to say that tomorrow's carving session (Jan 21st) is still ON, despite the week of cold temperatures. I'll be out there, dressed warm, having fun :D Come play!

7pm, at the base of waterslide-side quad.

Just phoned Cascades to confirm they are staying open (last year Vorlage closed in these temps). They are open. Tonight is a great opportunity to have the whole hill to ourselves. Bundle up folks!

Great night, everyone! What a treat; having the hill to ourselves and such great snow conditions. We were five dedicated riders out there tonight, and all of you were making carving look easy and fun :D Thanks for an awesome session!

Yes, awesome night indeed. I didn't think we'd last that long in the cold but the snow was just too good! Thanks to Ian again for providing those little tips that can yield big results! I think everyone stepped it up a notch at the end and looked super smooth...Ian of course always looking smooth :p Hopefully next sesh is a tad warmer. Come on out!

Agreed - what an amazing evening. It was hard and fast and all ours. The right clothing and even -30 is OK. Thanks to everyone for the incredible energy and great riding - always inspirational to watch you all rip it. And yes; a hug shout-out to the ever observant and helpful Ian. Couldn't have found my hook last night without that tip.