Note to New Members ×

Ottawa Ride Thread '13-14!

Ian M

Interested in weekly learning sessions this season? Which days work for you ?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Interested in weekly learning sessions this season? Which days work for you ?

• Monday evening
    • Tuesday evening
    • Thursday evening
    • Friday evening
    • Saturday, day
    • Sunday, day

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thinking of heading to Vorlage tonight. Anyone else interested? A couple friends are doing lessons so I may hitch a ride with them.

Sorry, can't do tonight. Might go to MSM tomorrow day or somewhere (undecided) in the evening for a couple hours.

Might try to make Pak too tonight.

Cascades was good last night, hard and fast!

Exhibition/Competition have been pretty much pushing me to the edge of my ability every time this year. I have not had one clean run that I would be proud of....Maybe a dedicated steeps class one Tuesday???

....Maybe a dedicated steeps class one Tuesday???

Absolutely. You guys are ready for this now, and Cascades has a great pitch to work on. This Tuesday, snow conditions permitting, we'll play on the steeps!

One reminder; learning to carve on steeper terrain is a bit like learning to carve all over again, so be patient with yourselves. Results will be mixed at first, even with help from me it will take practice to get the faster timing down. On the bright side, I can show you strategies that will allow you to be really comfortable as you take on steeper terrain, and these will maximize your success.

I'm looking forward to this! :D

Edited by Ian M

^ Good good!

Who's up for a day trip to Mont Blanc this weekend to ride with the Pureboarding gang? Joerg (one of the best riders and people you'll ever get a chance to ride with) is there doing clinics on Saturday, and possibly Sunday. There's a nice dinner planned for 6:30pm Saturday also. I'd like to go, and Saturday sounds better, but I'm flexible.

Phil and I were considering going for the day on Sat too.

I have to drop the wife and kids at airport at 6am Sat but can leave right after...

I can drive if we go too (seats 7)

Was a great time last year!

Maybe we can chat more tomorrow between catching our breath after destroying the Cascades steeps!

Cheers

//Paul

Maybe we can chat more tomorrow between catching our breath after destroying the Cascades steeps!

Yes, sir! Sounds like a plan.

Looks like we get a break our first time on the steep side, it's going to be a lot softer this week than last :D