Note to New Members ×

Ottawa Ride Thread '13-14!

Ian M

Interested in weekly learning sessions this season? Which days work for you ?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Interested in weekly learning sessions this season? Which days work for you ?

• Monday evening
    • Tuesday evening
    • Thursday evening
    • Friday evening
    • Saturday, day
    • Sunday, day

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^ Good good!

Who's up for a day trip to Mont Blanc this weekend to ride with the Pureboarding gang? Joerg (one of the best riders and people you'll ever get a chance to ride with) is there doing clinics on Saturday, and possibly Sunday. There's a nice dinner planned for 6:30pm Saturday also. I'd like to go, and Saturday sounds better, but I'm flexible.

I'm at J peak this weekend but, brother Gilbert is going to be at Mont Blanc this weekend for sure. Joerg is also at two hills near Syracuse Feb 14 (Fri) and another hill 15 minute away (Labrodor) Feb 15th & 16th. I'm not sure yet but I am thinking of going to this.

Peter V

Yes last night at Cascades was great at least 6 carvers, including my brother and I. I haven't seen that many carvers in years. Great meeting everyone and thank you Ian for those tips to help me regain my form. I'll need time on the easier slopes to get rid of bad habits and get used to all this new to me equipment, I think my old equipment and board let me get away with those bad habits.

Gilbert and I are looking forward to next Tuesday night.

Since Gilbert is not on this forum yet I'll add that he is planning on going to Mont Blanc this weekend. He'll likely be the only one on a 180 red Burton Prim.

Peter V

Edited by Peter V

Don't want to rub it in...too much ;) but the conditions last night were amazing! Perfect groom hero and hardly anyone there once the muppets left. Everyone looked in great form last night too, great group of carvers, and good company! And thanks to Ian for providing those tips even though I forget to implement them from time to time :o