Note to New Members ×

Ottawa Ride Thread '13-14!

Ian M

Interested in weekly learning sessions this season? Which days work for you ?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Interested in weekly learning sessions this season? Which days work for you ?

• Monday evening
    • Tuesday evening
    • Thursday evening
    • Friday evening
    • Saturday, day
    • Sunday, day

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry for the late response, Chris, but no. I find it hard to believe I've only been out on snow twice so far, but life has been a little off the hook.

Is anyone else riding Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday this week? I'm off all three days :)

Cheers!

I'm planning on heading out Monday night to Cascades.

Pakenham night New Years eve and/or Calabogie New Years day.

Edited by Hilux

Pakenham for a couple hours this evening...might change last minute because of other engagements though. Last night it was cooooold at Cascades but the snow conditions were good and grippy. It's only getting colder the next couple days. Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to my Ottawa riding buddies. Stay warm if you head out tonight or tomorrow. We got over two inches today in the Barrie area. It has stopped now, so it should all be nicely groomed for tomorrow morning. See you all next week - can't wait to ride with everyone.

Pakenham was great tonight. I had Slalom all to myself for the whole night...carvers delight : ) Conditions were perfect but was freakin' cold after a couple hours. Happy New Year carvers! Can't wait to rip some turns with all of you in the new year!

Happy 2014 everyone!! May the new year be full of wonder, love, and high-G turns for all of you <3

Speaking of which...

Carving sessions GO!

Everyone who responded to the poll said that Tuesday works for them, so Tuesday it is! Let's start on Tuesday, January 14th, and go until the snow gives out. Let's aim to meet at the bottom of the main lift, ready to ride at 7pm.

In case of sketchy weather, please check this thread the afternoon of the session to make sure it is on... I'll aim to post by 2pm if we need to cancel for weather reasons.

I'm looking forward to seeing y'all on the 14th, when we'll transform Cascades into a space full of inspired carvers!

Cheers!

Ian

POW! I'm excited, can't wait. Carving Sessions!

Killer ride day at the Boge yesterday with with mikel45 and his new Whip.

Happy 2014 everyone!! May the new year be full of wonder, love, and high-G turns for all of you <3

Speaking of which...

Carving sessions GO!

Everyone who responded to the poll said that Tuesday works for them, so Tuesday it is! Let's start on Tuesday, January 14th, and go until the snow gives out. Let's aim to meet at the bottom of the main lift, ready to ride at 7pm.

In case of sketchy weather, please check this thread the afternoon of the session to make sure it is on... I'll aim to post by 2pm if we need to cancel for weather reasons.

I'm looking forward to seeing y'all on the 14th, when we'll transform Cascades into a space full of inspired carvers!

Cheers!

Ian

POW! I'm excited, can't wait. Carving Sessions!

Killer ride day at the Boge yesterday with with mikel45 and his new Whip.

Sweeeeet! Me and some skier friends will be out at Calabogie on Sunday. It'd be nice to see some trenches there too! Who else is playing this weekend?

My 2 cents...

Pak was really good earlier this week and Cascades was pretty good too...not as nice coverage or groom as Pak but not to bad. There were several gravel patches at Cascades too.

I was surprised that Cascades was still blowing snow and had many unopened runs, at least Bogie has an excuse with the fire.

I have heard MSM is in nice shape (maybe PeterV can chime in?)

//P

If I can arrange my kids rides home from activities, Id love to ride with other hard booters for a change!

I do need some help first. Just got a Coiler last month, hoping to try it out tomorrow but I am having trouble figuring out how to get the bindings on since the Burton holes dont seem to line up. Any tips. Sorry about the weird punctuation, someone has been playing with the keyboard settings.

Pictures would help to identify your problem. Taking a stab in the dark I would say you are probably trying to mount a three hole burton disc on a 4 hole insert pattern. Think triangle over a square only two holes fit. You need different centre disc or new bindings based on a 4 hole mounting pattern.

You are exactly right. It's been so long since I have moved bindings, I forgot. Thankfully we were able to locate the right parts (complete with instructions) in the back of the basement. Now if only I can get it set up the way I like it. I think I will be doing adjusting on the fly tomorrow at the hill.

Thanks!

I might be able to ride Thursday or Friday. Has anyone ridden since the freeze? What's it like out there?

I'm going to ride tomorrow AM at Pak, I'll let you know.

On a totally different topic, does anyone else think Ski Logik is making the sexiest skis on the planet? Side wall hard wood construction, great specs and killer inlays. Almost makes me want to go back to the dark side and ride skis.......

Thread jack,

SL_OccamTops2.jpg