Note to New Members ×

NICE (north idaho carve event) January 20-26 2014

Pusbag

Last day of NICE today. So far it has been a awesome week of carving conditions spent with the most gracious friendly and talented alpine carvers a guy could meet. Every year NICE completely blows me out of the water. Nothing feels better than giving back to the sport that defines my life...Snowboarding!!! Today is another day of early loads before public. It is so nice to have the slope to yourself and not have to look up hill. Everyone should get to experience it...it's Zen like for a hardbooter like myself. Anyways see you at the coffee shop before 8am and let's go tear up the fresh groom.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My daughter in the car on the way home yesterday. "Mom, I never thought you could have such cool dudes for friends. And I never say that about old people."

Thanks cool dudes... And old people! Hahahahaa. It was a good visit with you all!

Well tell your daughter I thought she was pretty cool too. Had a great time with you both.

Ok, so I didn't get to come up and help you guys tear up the groom at Schweitzer, but in a strange twist of fate Schwietzer groom has come to me! The ancient groomer here at our little hill finally died for good, the owners ordered up a groomer on short notice and so it happened that a nice used groomer from Schwietzer showed up here on Wednesday! Yay! We'd had no grooming for over 2 weeks. I will think of all you great NW carvers every time I cut a trench in the lovely new groom. Thank you! Thank you!

p.s. Love all the photos and posts - that last photo of Mark and the Way of the Carve is awesome! Hope to join you guys some day...... :)

We hope that cord spewin vetran gives ya'll many happy turns!

make plans for next year Kelly, and maybe we'll cross trenches soon.

Eric; can't make the schwizz sat. but Becki & I will be at 49* sunday(every week) if you can make it there.

Edited by b0ardski

• 8 months later...

Hey Russ and Schweitzer crew, how's summer been treating you? I am still bummed out about missing NICE in 2014, and wanting to make plans for 2015. Do you have dates nailed down for this season yet?

Jan 20-26 are the date we have now. We have not seen the Schweitzer race schedule yet so the early loads might not work that week. If thing don't match up we might have to do it without out early loads or change the dates. How important are the early loads to you? We are going to be renting the same house on the mountain as we did last year but we haven�t done it yet. Hope you can make it.

Jan 20-26 are the date we have now. We have not seen the Schweitzer race schedule yet so the early loads might not work that week. If thing don't match up we might have to do it without out early loads or change the dates. How important are the early loads to you? We are going to be renting the same house on the mountain as we did last year but we haven�t done it yet. Hope you can make it.

Hey Mark, personally, I would go regardless, but I do really love the early loads. Though having said that, now I'm remembering that Schweitzer is not that crowded, especially midweek, and a lot of the time we have runs to ourselves anyway. And, you seem to have settled on a week with good carving weather. So... bottom line, I'd say stick with these dates and cross our fingers that early loads will be possible.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hey Mark, just wanting to confirm those dates. The season's starting to take shape, and I want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row. Jan 20 is a Tuesday, so the session would be Tuesday to the following Monday -- is that right?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm hoping to hit Schweitzer 1/31 on the way (sort of) home from a week at Whistler, for a USASA Alpine race day.  Sorry I'm going to miss NICE again.  I'm thinking I might try staying closer to home next winter, so may make it then.  Have fun!

Hey Allee, is that a 3 of 3 day pass? Day tickets for the NICE dates are $53 on Liftopia right now, so if you can see $150 shipped to me in the US (97214), I'll take it. 

If anyone is interested in taking my Ski3 pack off my hands for NICE, or for riding at Schweitzer this season, let me know. I won't have a chance to make another trip down there this year.

I think it cost me USD169 - make me an offer I can't refuse.

• 2 weeks later...

Conditions on the ticket say fully transferable and no blackout dates. Let me make a call to the hill today, just to make sure there aren't any issues. The tix come through on an email, as three single tickets ... so I can just email them to you, and you can Paypal me the $$ if you like. I'll let you know this afternoon ...

Hi folks, just wanted to say that I am working on renting a house in Sandpoint from Jan 21-Jan 25 (departing the 25th). Sultan Guy, I'm going to PM you the details. If anyone else is interested, please let me know, either by posting or through PM.