Note to New Members ×

NICE (north idaho carve event) January 20-26 2014

Pusbag

So NICE will be January 20-26 2014 @ Schweitzer mountain resort. There will be discount lift tickets available for this event and discount lodging as well.There are daily opportunities to ride with other like minded carvers and some social time afterwards. Pictures and videos are done daily with a finished disc for participants along with a few silly games, early loads on thursday and friday. A social dinner on friday night will be giving some stuff away. We also will be doing a few ride groups so everyone has a chance to refine your techniques with professional guidance. We also will have gear and instructors for a intro or beginners group. Thinking of renting a condo for the week if there is enough interest in it. May the snow start to fly !

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Arguments staying at the white pine vs Selkirk?

Both ski in ski out? Walk to restaurant/stumble home from the bar-able? One have a better hot tub?

Thx dudes. No gurantees but it's def on the short list of trips this year. Would be great to see y'all

I'm sure I asked this last year too... Thx for your time

kc

Edited by big canuck

• 2 weeks later...

sorry whoever got the first post.

Lift tickets for the event.

I was on liftopia they had a deal for 113.00, for 2 days. That puts it at about 57.00 dollars a day without tax. just wondering if the guys know how much tickets were. or if this is going to be a better deal. checking my options

• 4 weeks later...
sorry whoever got the first post.

Lift tickets for the event.

I was on liftopia they had a deal for 113.00, for 2 days. That puts it at about 57.00 dollars a day without tax. just wondering if the guys know how much tickets were. or if this is going to be a better deal. checking my options

I will find out the exact price with tax

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

About 2 week away from NICE and the snow is pretty darn good. We only had 50 at the top and 40 in the village when this video was shot on the 1st but the conditions on most of our favorite groomed run are fabulous.

we have picked up another 5 since the video was shoot.

Some more info at http://www.northidahocarvers.com/

Edited by kram

So I have been very busy with not enough time to promote this event. So I am asking everyone to bring someone with you this year. Besides why should we have all the fun. Carving conditions have been great despite our smaller than normal snowpack. Hope to see you all soon.

Wow, just around the corner!

I've really been slackin on the promotion of NICE this year, sorry 'bout that.

Looks like I'll only be able to do thr-fri for early loads this time.

Mark and I are planning a tailgate BBQ next to chair 2 for lunch on Thursday, I'm thinking brats & kebobs to keep things simple.

anxious to carve wit da crew:biggthump

Looks like Brudda Dane on the t shirt this year, I'll take a green xl short

Edited by b0ardski

We fell into a last minute condo deal for thursday and friday night. We can use it for telling lies after riding and maybe cooking a meal. It is on the mountain. It has 4 double bed and 1 single, 3 or 4 couches, 2 bathrooms, a full kitchen, laundry and a nice big hot tub. It was only $300. I am hoping people will chip in to help pay for it.

As of now every bed is available.

dang... already made a reservation in Sandpoint.... but... if I were to cancel, would it be kid friendly??? pool somewhere to use? maybe we should just stay in town... let me know though. Also, the BBQ would be totally awesome!!!! We will be on the hill Thursday and Friday. Is there anything I can bring to contribute for lunch? If nothing else, a few $$$ at least??? Looking forward to the trip. Have only done two runs so far this season on the carving board. And lets say... well... didn't end so great!!! Maybe I can try to get on it at least for a few more runs before we head up.

the "round house" Mark got for us has no access to a pool but is a mile from the village, would be kid friendly I think, and we're planing a friday night party which WILL be adult friendly:eplus2:

chips, drinks, kiddo snacks should be all you need to bring to the BBQ

Edited by b0ardski