Note to New Members ×

NICE (north idaho carve event) January 20-26 2014

Pusbag

fresh off the presses, preview of what to expect next week

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Un6SLIgzgLw?feature=player_embedded" allowfullscreen="" width="640" frameborder="0" height="360"></iframe>

http://<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Un6SLIgzgLw?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

about time you got a photo friendly jacket Mark

Edited by b0ardski

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So a few of us are going to carve it up and get ready for NICE . We will be meeting up everyday on the bunny hill and clock tower from 8:30 to 9:00 then freeriding till 11:00 for pictures and video on a specific run everyday. We will gather in the day lodge daily for lunch followed by more freeriding. We have early load privileges on Thursday and Friday starts at 8:00. Bbq dinner on Friday at the condo. Snowboard gates on nastar for us for free on Saturday & Sunday. We have a bunch of gear so if any newbies to hardbooting can go out with us. Will also do some impromptu clinics for improving thy snowboard skills. Contact me for discount lodging and tickets @ Russ 208-290-8023. Hope to see you all soon.

I will be in the day lodge and will have discount ticket vouchers for those in need. As I drive to the mountain this morning I clearly can see an epic day of carving conditions. Maybe Kram will post a video teaser for us all to drool on. See you all soon. Russ 208-290-8023

Had a change of schedule for our early load privileges. We are not doing early loads on Thursday. We are now doing early loads on Friday Saturday & now Sunday. We get to add another day. Sorry about the changes and hope this doesn't upset anyone's plans too much. Thanks, Russ

Great Riding today! It was beautiful. Thanks Russ for putting this together again and looking forward to this weekend... starting Thursday night.. Mark, MUCH appreciate riding and your video analysis. Great times!

Am bummed I had to work but am glad I will be riding for the rest of the event. Boy Howdee conditions couldn't be better for trenching see you all tomorrow.

Absolutely bummed I am out of town this week for biz and could not make it up. Still may try on Saturday. I have one challenge, my bail snapped on my bindings last week on my first run. No problem, I'll just buy some from the catek site, except my order will not process and no one will pick up the phone. So I was wondering if Steve P is still around or if anyone has some extra standard long bindings they need to get rid of. I have 29.5 mondo. Thanks! Hope you all are having a great time, sorry I have been in-communicato for so long.

Eric Johnson- Spokane

Hey Eric-good to see you're alive! Unfortunately, I recently moved to Utah,and bummed I can't make it either.So, hopefully one of the Schweitzer crew can help you out.If you ever have the opp to visit down here we live in Spanish Fork and have 'Epic'passes at Canyons Resort,which is 75 minutes from us.I hope all is great with you and yours!

hey Eric, good to here from you. I have a couple catec bails in a box, can't remember for sure but think they are standard heel. I have some td1s you can use if needed. Dane will likely have an extra set of burtons also.

Hope to see you Sat. at 8:am for early loads.

Edited by b0ardski

Awesome, thanks for the response gentlemen! Steve, I'm still riding the tomahawk thanks to you. Glad to hear your doing well. Boardski, I will do my best to make it up. We have passes up at 49 and was planning on taking the fam up on Saturday. I will know more tomorrow. Anyone know whats up with Catek? Bastards wont process my order or answer the phone....seriously pissed.

I just watched this video at my desk at work. :barf::barf::barf: I couldn't be more bummed about missing this year. :AR15firin:AR15firin:AR15firin

Having said that, looking good folks! Russ, nice full-body carves, and it looks like you guys took full advantage of the early loads -- that was a well-trenched hill. I can't believe that crazy skier didn't pop out from under his rock to share a piece of his mind.

Hey Dan I am bummed you are not here too. I kept thinking you were going to surprise us. That video was from yesterday. Early loads were today and it was so good. Schweitzer gave us the whole front side off the Great escape quad, one hour all to ourselves. We have early loads Saturday and Sunday too.

So you are coming for early loads please be here early. Early loads start at 8 and I like to ride with everyone rather than doing check in. Everyone doing early loads needs to sick a liability waiver and get a sticker for your ticket. Snowboard gates on NASTAR race course for us free of charge so make sure you go hit the course. See you all soon.

Had our local film crew out with us for early loads. Thank you ski flakes for the footage. It will be awhile before I will have the edited video available and it will then be on the ski flakes ski channel here in sandpoint. Makes me happy since growing our sport takes exposure and this fits the bill nicely.

Sweet Vid!!! You guys are killing me - I did so want to go this year. Looks like you have super conditions!!!!!! And here I am with two season passes, but almost no carving - snowmaking lines broken and the lift I usually ride is down at Snow King, and the power has been out here so no White Pine today, and they were closed all last week after a power surge blew up the computers for both lifts, plus their groomer is dead. Sigh.

OK, carve on - have fun - post videos - make me drool!!!!!! :biggthump:biggthump