Note to New Members ×

I accidentally met Patrick Switzer

Arclite

My buddies and I got lost in Westlake, so we decided to take Decker over to Mullholland to get back home.

While driving through decker I see two longboarders (a girl and a guy) hitching up the canyon, so we pulled over and they hopped in.

The girl hopped in my car and we started talking. Her name was Tamara Prader, and she and her friend are professional downhill racers. They just did a race in Catalina and now are cruising back up to Canada, stopping along the way for some gnar.

When we got to the top, I got to talk to her friend.

Turns out her friend was P-Swiss.

Luckily I had my gopro in my car, and I was able to follow Switzer down Decker towards PCH. I gave them a lift back up to Mullholland (their RV was parked there, luckily enough) and it turns out they were headed towards Stunt Road/Piuma Canyon, which was also where my buddies and I were trying to go.

So yeah.

Video below.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JaFZpQWQ2L0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

I've driven Decker Canyon road many times over the years. It is an amazing, fun, dangerous (especially at higher speed) road...................in a sports car. Switzer killed it on a skate board!! Awesome vid!!

I was having trouble keeping up with him in my little 91' Vdub.

• 3 weeks later...

hi ARCLITE

PSWISS came in second place to winner KEVIN REIMER in the vernon dh longboard race on sunday june 9, 2013.

attaced is a photo of PSWISS and my dog LOYAL smiling at the prize money.

post-7030-141842394112_thumb.jpg

p.s. PSWISS is not abusing the dog but merely supporting him by the water retrieval handle of the canine flotation vest--i was staying at a bed and breakfast by the lake and was walking LOYAL by the water before heading to the race and forgot to remove the life jacket.