Note to New Members ×

Spring cleaning...

lonbordin

Lonbordin’s last day… this season. :D

Paoli Peaks (PP) does an after season ends day where they setup some rails, etc. for the gibbers to play. BUT this year was different as they had quite a bit of snow so they were going to open a run and a lift. I said, “Sign me up!” My son was boiling down the maple sap to syrup today so I was on my own.

post-8412-141842390425_thumb.jpg

Imagine ordering a single scoop vanilla ice cream on a sugar cone then someone engages you in an interesting discussion about WW2 dam busters or some such. Right at that moment it’s about to start dripping you take a bite. That’s how the snow was today, beyond soft. I plunked down my $20 for the 1000 to 1600 session and went to park. The starting point was down the hill from the resort.

I started the morning off with an experiment… the oldest board I own with the Bomber plate.

post-8412-141842390433_thumb.jpg

I was second chair up (PP’s a resort on top locale). It was not the right tool for the job and I put it away after the second run. I look forward to trying that setup on a boilerplate day next season. I quickly put bindings on my 180 LibTech Grocer, eschewing the other options in the car. As it seemed more powder-esque than firm.

post-8412-141842390435_thumb.jpg

It was the right choice. [next post]

Edited by lonbordin

Very impressed with you local hill doing this for their patrons. In this day and age of the almighty buck it's great to see the effort made and i'm sure appreciated by those lucky few that were able to attend. Congrats! My local bump extended the season as well and you would be jealous to see the am't of snow we are ending the season with. Mother nature has ended it's curse and blanketed us with enough snow to stay open till March 30. Here's wishing you a great 2013-2014 season. Unless the colour is off in the pics i'm guessing pork chops ? Yummmmm.

Yeah it was great of them. There was only about 30 people but this was also for the park staff and their efforts... maybe 50 people in total. The park staff took shifts as lifties.

Good eye! Fischer Farms pork chops that had been marinaded in soy, rum and maple syrup. They were great!

Thanks for the wishes... already looking forward to it. :D

dude, hope you're having fun! why aren't you out here in snowmass for nastar? you've missed 2 FEET of powder this week, chris klug, and some great racing. I wish hidden valley did this... with the 10" of snow they're getting today, they could easily be open into april.

I can't afford to go to NASTAR nationals and I don't have that kind of time off available. Maybe someday.

We're slated for 6-9" today... looks like going to be on the low end of the prediction. It's pretty though.

post-8412-141842390486_thumb.jpg