Note to New Members ×

Anyone else watch the X Games?

NSSage

I know a lot of guys on here are not into the park snowboarding stuff (I myself am a big fan and love to ride the park so X Games has always been a special time of the year for me to watch the pros in my favorite sport) and a lot (including me) are super bummed about BX being removed from X Games but some pretty amazing stuff went on this year at Aspen. Was I the only one watching? Or was there anyone there as it was happening? And what do you guys think about the direction snowboarding is headed.

Air and Air and Spins and Quarks and Corks and and...only went out Sun. for some Ski Slopestyle Pics...and watched Snowboard Pipe Final through a Telescope last eve from home, while watchin it on TV...Whites elevation out of the Pipe is something else...I don't care what he wears he shows an ability in the Pipe that is Special!!! Bravo to All the Athletes...:biggthump

post-6900-141842382778_thumb.jpg

post-6900-141842382772_thumb.jpg

Pretty cool a Canadian beat out Shawn White. Concerned about the injuries.

yeah the snowmobile competitions were brutal I don't even know how many injuries happened in that. But in snowboarding the only injury was a concussion to Halldor Helgason. And I think there were two in skiing. Pretty impressive for all the falls on the 75 foot jump.....

Watched it live, in person yesterday. Awesome!

Wow that would be amazing!

Did anyone else see Scotty Lagos big fall on his drop in to the pipe? I shed a tear for him when I saw that but he handled it in the best way possible

Edited by NSSage

White boosted pretty damn high on that pipe run. He's also rocking stretch pants, or close to it, for whatever reason.
If you cant wear speedsuits in bx, you shouldn't be able to wear your sisters pants in the pipe.

I'd guess he wears the tight, pants and the leather looking jacket (last season at least) for the same reason that racers used to wear speed suits. It catches less air, so it slows him down less, and allows him to achieve a higher speed on his in run to the pipe.

Basically he's wearing an 'acceptable' looking speed suit.

Dave

I got stuck watching some of it last saturday afternoon with guests. (ZZZZZZZZZZZZ They lost me when they got rid of BX)

The snowmobile races were on but I missed this....yikes

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/01/29/snowmobile-crashes-raise-questions-about-x-games-safety/

How the heck did the thumb throttle get stuck...So lucky no bystanders were killed/maimed.

Summer and winter X Games are one of the only things I watch. Thank dog for streaming and the big screen at the pub, because I got rid of the TV a couple of years back. The stuff these kids pull never ceases to make my jaw drop.

Shame to hear that Caleb Moore is not doing well this morning. It's not sounding good.:(

I'm just glad my son is 5000km from his sled and the jump in the back ravine. I wonder if anyone showed his doctor the video of the 600 lb machine landing on his chest or just said "Not sure what happened Doc. he just went off a jump and had an epic crash" duuhhh. Any guess on the $$$$ for medical bills involved?

What are the 'qualifications' for the X-Games, IF any ?

I'm just really having a hard time grasping the fact that someone with (4) FOUR hours Total Experience on a snowmobile is in the X-Games.

I know for snowboarding there are competitions to qualify... Apparently for snowmobile its only motocross experience... and an adrenaline addiction