Note to New Members ×

Rally at the Thunder Dome '13

dingbat

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to Hawk Mountain Lodge about 45 mins ago.

Wow, this is really in a rustic part of Mass, isn't it? Drive from Albany to here was exciting :eek:

Great view of Berkshire East from the lodge.

Carving tomorrow, then powder Sunday!

See ya before the lift starts spinning tomorrow.

ktv, i think i heard you come in im upstairs in the miller room. my brother and a friend of his should be arriving soon. got here around 5:30 and did some night riding, the snow felt great. im used to everything icing over when the sun goes down where im from. towards the end of the night i broke a heel bail on my td3's which is a total bummer. im praying my bro brought his extra set of td2's.

Steph,

Thank you for coming down! It is the people who come to the Rally that make the Rally the Rally. Glad I finally managed to shed my work responsibilities and make some runs with you guys! I'll be up to Stratton as soon as I can.:biggthump

Everyone who showed up,

Hell YEAH! I had a great weekend.:D

Thank you!

YES! Many thanks to Mark for putting this together. Had an absolute blast. The Beast is quickly becoming one of my favorite ski hills for a great combination of terrain, accessibility and vibe. And dollar Schaefers. I'm pretty sure I hadn't been night skiing since high school, and Saturday night was quiet, snowy, soft lighting on the slopes... magical.

Getting on a hard boot setup was much more challenging than I thought- humbling, actually. But very enjoyable and I will be back soon.

Great to meet all you guys and gals. Some seriously smooth riders out there. Was awesome to see a half dozen riders flying down Exhibition at a time. Definitely not something we see enough of on the mountains these days.

Thanks again Mark, we will be in touch.

J & C

One of the many things I love about this event is seeing all the new faces on the mountain. In particular, I saw a number of people trying hardboots for the first time. :biggthump

Mark, any idea how many first timers showed up? I counted at least three that I got to ride with. There may have been a few others. All looking good, too!

Mark, had a killer time on Sunday!! A great time riding and b-sing with others that share in the same passion.

Ed, I'm sorry I missed you. I was looking forward to riding with you again. Not sure how that happened. You must have been one of the Hot Dogs destroying Big Chief in the afternoon while I was taking it easy on Exhibition. :cool: