Note to New Members ×

Meadows- its a start

Mr.E

Today was probably the best carving day I've ever had at Meadows. Bluebird, perfectly smooth grippy chalk, stayed cold so the surface didn't melt. Plus a new set of Track 325 boots with BTS, made for a spectacular breakthrough day.

Boarded with Doug for a little bit and, of course, I saw Dan up there too as well.

What a day. (still glowing!)

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rode yesterday , Great snow and actually sun. Super on vista and cascade. I was the first "carver" down gulch off cascade at 1030am. Everyone saw the lines and all the ski carvers copied me. Did 5 runs down . Saw Mike Tinkler and his nephew too. (Good thing I was riding his plate) I will post a few pics later .

Dan I am in for monday and tuesday 20/21. Maybe can get sunday off work . Could "host " a party in welchs at my cabin on one the evenings if interested .

Bryan , super busy weekend and worked 3 doubles in a row but will call you this week . (tonight ?) . I should of bugged you to come up yesterday however you would have freaked because vis was shiitty until i got to meadows. Snow/fog/clouds by timberline and the pass. (snowing out the fog-clouds)

However everyone hit it soon because its groom-a-licous

I had a feeling that last Friday was probably going to be the best. Glad you guys scored!! I know how rare it is to get such excellent conditions. I may make an attempt soon again. The body is not doing so great. I am getting allot of painting done though :(

Looking forward to getting together, this time it will be much warmer while we share stories and our favorite beers!!

Bryan, looks like you picked an awesome day. Let us know how the snow's holding up.

I'm likely going to be riding Meadows on Monday - anyone else?

I will try to head up . Will keep you posted sunday night . Perhaps we can get a group together . However all the kids are out of school for presidents day .... might be riding with my daughters .

Jim

I will try to head up . Will keep you posted sunday night . Perhaps we can get a group together . However all the kids are out of school for presidents day .... might be riding with my daughters .

Jim

I would be jazzed to go Monday, I just need to avoid the crowds these days , so not sure about a holiday.

It really turned into a great day from a marginal start.

Bryan

Front of the lodge with ski area in back

Texas Trail from top of Vista Chair

Leo protecting the Tinkler 202/ Oxess 185 / Tinkler 185cm

post-198-141842385908_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842385897_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842385904_thumb.jpg

Edited by www.oldsnowboards.com

Have a good day Brian. Anybody planning on riding MHM ot T'line tomorrow? I'm going to Hoodoo today and to a Hood area yomorrow.

Dennis

Hi Dennis, sorry, I don't do weekends. There is typically several guys that ride on the weekends that I don't see during the week. Do you have a deal at either place?

Familiar with both? I would chose MHM , but that is me.

Bryan

Two fridays in a row with Mr. Bluebird. Snow was not as great as last week but it did have it's great moments. Took a few pics and will try to attach. :eplus2:

Ladies in the pic are my wife Thao and Randy's wife Cynthia (think I spelled that right).

Dan L.

post-8706-141842385873_thumb.jpg

post-8706-141842385876_thumb.jpg

post-8706-141842385879_thumb.jpg

Edited by somethingaboutcarvin

It looked like the best chance of sun and good carving. The snow phone gal was right on the money again. Chunky and firm to start. No wind, warmed up and started to soften. Rode the "Aris 185" with the BP mod plate. Good but not great time, when it started to soften I switched the plate to the Tinkler 202cm and took it out for the first time in a long time. WOW!! It was a blast, huge sweet spot, comes around great and fast. I thought I would bale around noon/ 1ish, it stayed nice and buttery and the board combo was working really well, I felt better and more confident and it just was too good to stop. Hope I can walk in the morning, but it sure was great to get some turns in.

Bryan

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OYLKKfVJHTM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Looks nice Bryan. Glad you got some good turns in !

Thanks Jim. I think you know how important it was to be able to carve on good conditions. I was really jazzed by noon and surprised I rode as long as I did. Felt like I needed to get it

while I could. No where near as good as last Friday's condition. This I am certain of. Best I have had this season though. I figured once it started to soften it would be sloppy pretty quick but it actually stayed good until I quit. Feeling it today but with a big smile :)

Jim

Anyone decide to go Monday?

Looks like the last semi clear day for a while?

I'm heading up on Monday - guessing the snow will be on the firm side, but we'll see. Jim, sorry to hear about your daughter - hope she feels better soon, I'll look forward to catching up with you another time.

Wow! Monday from 9 to 10 a.m. looked like a Warren Miller movie: bluebird, perfect carving chalk on Shooting Star, and empty slopes. Every ride up the chair, we had to pinch ourselves to see if we were dreaming.

Then at 10 a.m., clouds moved in, the light got flat, the crowds arrived, and we found that the snow everywhere else on the mountain was crunchy or bulletproof hardpack. But what a great first hour...

Wow! Monday from 9 to 10 a.m. looked like a Warren Miller movie: bluebird, perfect carving chalk on Shooting Star, and empty slopes. Every ride up the chair, we had to pinch ourselves to see if we were dreaming.

Dan, so glad you got a great hour in. That is worth the trip.

Sorry to hear about your daughters fall Jim. Hope it doesn't mess with her confidence too much , she was doing so well!!

Bryan

Tuesday was a "Tweener" day at it's best. Powder stashes, wind blown left overs, soft (very soft) groomers.

The "Headhunter" worked well in both. Sun, low wind, made the whole ski area fun. No lines, happy people.

Took out the "Tinkler 202cm" plated full system late morning. EVEN with the length and nose shape I almost stuffed a couple times. The smooth LOOKING groomers had lots of soft spots over the harder (ice) substrate. I never got too comfortable pressuring the edges.

All in all good day. I am guessing those that went up today found the groomers pretty sweet.

I guess I will pass on the sunny Mt Hood photos. Probably getting old?

Bryan

From the MHM Website / Yesterday

http://www.flickr.com//photos/skihood/sets/72157632862427927/show/

Edited by www.oldsnowboards.com