Note to New Members ×

Nes 2013

Riceball

Typically more people show up on the Saturday than the Friday.

The plan is to run an intermediate carving clinic on Saturday. The primary focus is controlling speed while carving continuously without skidding.

Thanks Corey, and I'll be there Saturday then for the clinic. Hopefully i can stay for an extra day.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Yo NES'rs!!! I'm going to out of town for NES so I wont be able to make it this year (bummer). Just wanted to wish you guys all a Merry Christmas.

Corey can you put a pillow in the front of your jacket and get a cut out of my face to wear on one of your better runs when Riceball's shooting? I'd really appreciate if I could get in the carving magazine this year.

If Bruce gets in and I dont I will never hear the end of it and it will likley end our friendship.

Take it easy

Kurt

Corey can you put a pillow in the front of your jacket and get a cut out of my face to wear on one of your better runs when Riceball's shooting? I'd really appreciate if I could get in the carving magazine this year.

Mom-in-law's mad baking skills have helped close the gap considerably. :( I just need to find a gorilla mask now. ;)

Bummer Kurt. There's always next year's NES. Or man up and make it to SES sometime? Pricey, but worth the trip!

The cat was off of North Axe by about 2 and they looked to be prepping for grooming. It's amazing to watch those guys work. We should toss 'em a case of beer from our crew to hope for nice cord.

Urs, not sure if you are on BOL but you were ripping man! I yelled your name from the lift, but I was rocking the softies today and out of my "uniform" red jacket.

We are getting closer to the 2013 event and based on comments in this thread on on the hill we should have another good turnout this year.

Once again you should try and keep Saturday (Jan 12) night open for pizza and drinks at the Recsky household. 78 Springbank Cres SW.

Also, post here if you need a ride out to Nakiska. A lot of us are heading up there with empty seats and have room on some days to take other people.

Also, post here if you need a ride out to Nakiska. A lot of us are heading up there with empty seats and have room on some days to take other people.

I'm coming from Airdrie and I'll have a spare seat or two for the Saturday... If anyone needs a lift PM me, I'd like to meet near COP if possible instead of driving into the city.

We should sort out some sort of rideshare for the rest of us too, rather than running a bunch of cars out there.

Not looking good on the snow front. I heard this morning that this mild weather is supposed to hold until Jan 14 - no snow in the forecast.

I've got a car too, but it's a compact so I think just getting a 180 cm board in will be a challenge. I'm up for meeting somewhere on the West side of the city to car pool.

Is Nakiska blowing snow? I'll be right at home if it's all out of a gun! ;)

I've got a car too, but it's a compact so I think just getting a 180 cm board in will be a challenge. I'm up for meeting somewhere on the West side of the city to car pool.

I have 3 belts and roof box. We met at dennys by the sandman on 16th one year that worked well. Corey are you staying there again?

Pouaten, I live far NW just off stoney if you want to leave car at my place sat? Its exactly 15 min from airdrie... work there.

Edited by ti_knee

Of course the snow comes from a gun, it doesn't actually snow in those mountains does it. :rolleyes: