Nes 2013

Riceball

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will also be bringing extra loaner gear. I'll try and post an inventory soon so that people can speak up and reserve things with me ahead of time.

I have about 4 or 5 pairs of boots, extra boards and 3 or 4 sets of various plate bindings.

I know Alaina's boyfriend Matt will likely be taking a full setup for Saturday or Sunday.

First time this year but I'm stoked too... Do people bring a lot of cameras? I've got a DSLR with a good pack for it, was going to bring it to try and get some "action shots" and I'll try to get some video too. Would love to have somebody return the favour! I have almost no pictures of me riding so I have no idea what I need to work on!

:)

Riceball brings out a camera and takes wicked pics of everyone. The Saturday evening we get together at his place and chip in for pizza and look at pics he took of the last two days of riding at his place. Three days later everyone has a new avatar. :)

I think Ti'knee was planning to take some pics this year as well. But by all means bring your camera along too.

Dave

Riceball brings out a camera and takes wicked pics of everyone. The Saturday evening we get together at his place and chip in for pizza and look at pics he took of the last two days of riding at his place. Three days later everyone has a new avatar. :)

I think Ti'knee was planning to take some pics this year as well. But by all means bring your camera along too.

Dave

Don't think mine will be that good. i do want to play with some flash effects though. I had offered to do a magazine kind of thing. Anybody interested in a rider profile? Could do a short one for everybody too, help people get to know everybody.

Anyone have easy access to some t-nuts for my new upz boots. I used some 1/4" unc Robertson head screws on the last ones. But the head could have fit the counterbore in the toe block better. They were too loose. the ones they put in the heel from the factory are perfect.

I might meet you guys there then, rather than taking my car all the way out. And I can volunteer to drive on Saturday.

Sounds good. I need to clear the personal day Friday with my boss, won't know probably until Tuesday 100% for sure. Corey, and Alison, can you PM me your cell numbers just in case we need to get in touch? One more seat if anybody else wants to meet up.

Yes my burtons are labelled as 28. I think they are a little more like 27.5 but probably depends on your foot shape.

I can bring them.

Awesome, I have a friend of mine (Kevin) that wants to try the sport out for the first time on the Friday. Will you be there Friday?

Cool shot Steve! I'm guessing he was probably going 60 kph? LOL!

Bah, I'm sick as heck. Likely just a bad cold with sore throat, chest issues, and weakness. :( Hopefully it clears up quick with no lingering effects.

I'll bring the HD video that I made from last year's event to view at Riceball's place on Saturday. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make another one this year.

Awesome, I have a friend of mine (Kevin) that wants to try the sport out for the first time on the Friday. Will you be there Friday?

Yes. If he wants to pick them up earlier and get it all set up that's no problem as well.

I'll change the heals on them to regular standard non-weird burton physics.

Yes. If he wants to pick them up earlier and get it all set up that's no problem as well.

I'll change the heals on them to regular standard non-weird burton physics.

I think I would like to try and hook up with you earlier to have him try them on prior to Friday. Let me know what works for you and I can pop by and pick them up.

If anybody's heading up Tues or Wed, can you fire off a snow report on here? It's quite costly for me to take a personal day, and time consuming writing up sub plans too.. I'll make a final decision Wednesday, gotta let Corey and Alison know.

Any thoughts about Sunday? Seems as though it's been Louise/Sunshine past few years.

Update:

I'm in for Saturday/Sunday and will probably have one extra seat Saturday. Steph might come out Sunday and spend the day in Banff if there are any female non-riding partner types (or male ones I guess) who would enjoy a day doing whatever pregnant ladies do.

I'll bring my laptop to Steve's house Saturday night if anybody has pics or video for the photo book. Whatever file format is fine, I run Lightroom, but don't have a CF reader. I'll clean out my Dropbox as well for any others or pics from Sunday. Should take me a few days and I'll put the link on here for the magazine.

Edited by ti_knee
Corey being right