Note to New Members ×

Nes 2013

Riceball

If anybody's heading up Tues or Wed, can you fire off a snow report on here? It's quite costly for me to take a personal day, and time consuming writing up sub plans too.. I'll make a final decision Wednesday, gotta let Corey and Alison know.

Any thoughts about Sunday? Seems as though it's been Louise/Sunshine past few years.

I'm likely heading up to Louise this Thursday... I can let everyone know how it is. Of course it won't be the same snow as Nakiska but might influence the Sunday decision.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was nice of you to order us some new snow, Rice, but we could have done without the -20C weather to go with it. Never mind - I guess it keeps the lightweights at home.

I'm telling you, coming from Ontario I expected hearty people out here not wimps! We'd board in QC or VT in -20 -25 no problem! Just gotta go in to warm the toes every once in a while... It does keep the crowds at bay which is a plus side!

It was nice of you to order us some new snow, Rice, but we could have done without the -20C weather to go with it. Never mind - I guess it keeps the lightweights at home.
I'm telling you, coming from Ontario I expected hearty people out here not wimps! We'd board in QC or VT in -20 -25 no problem! Just gotta go in to warm the toes every once in a while... It does keep the crowds at bay which is a plus side!

Yeah, Allee knows all about cold toes in -26C. Personally I'm a wuss, and am running boot heaters now.

On an unrelated note, with the exception of having to ride softboots the AST2 course I took loast weekend was great. Unfortunately Friday will now be my first real day on an actual carving deck. I should be sucking royally.

Dave

Actually, the weather for the weekend and snow warning tonight sounds pretty good. Allee, you must have been looking at the low temps, not the highs.

Of course I was. Because it will be way closer to the low than the high on first chair ... plus I need to know what temperature wax to run.

People have been asking about the schedule and times, so here is the current plan. I will be doing impromptu photo shoots all weekend too.

Friday, January 11, 2013.

Nakiska

9am meet at the main lodge

11:30am lunch upstairs at main lodge

evening - nothing planned

Saturday, January 12, 2013.

Nakiska

? Corey Clinic

6pm - Pizza and Drinks at Steve and Ann's place - 78 Springbank Cres SW (Home Phone: 403-217-2688)

Sunday, January 13, 2013.

Nakiska

Here is a list of extra equipment I'll be bringing if you have friends who need some gear:

Boots

- Deeluxe Track 700 26M

- Raichle 125 26.5M

- Raichle 125 25.5M

- Deeluxe Suzuka 26M

Plate Bindings

- Burton Step-In Carrier

- Burton Step-In Carrier

- Burton Regular Bail

- IBEX Speed TC Regular Bail

Boards

Lots of different sizes and makes. Too lazy to go outside and inventory.

Tip for travellers: Make sure your SportTube2 fits in your car before you're running late for your flight. I thought I had put it in there before, apparently not! I figured it out with a little creativity. ;)

What's a "Corey clinic"? Is this where he demonstrates the application of maple syrup to yam fries?

I'm doing an intermediate carving clinic at NES and SES, this is the first run-through of it.

Mmm, yam fries.... And the syrup gets applied directly to the ski pants. Just cut out the middle step of trying to get it in your mouth and just pour it straight on the pants.

Reposting Steve's schedule and adding the clinic:

Saturday, January 12, 2013.

Nakiska

1:30pm - intermediate carving clinic. Meet at the bottom of the Silver chair.

6pm - Pizza and Drinks at Steve and Ann's place - 78 Springbank Cres SW (Home Phone: 403-217-2688)

Sunday, January 13, 2013.

Nakiska