Note to New Members ×

2013 Northeast Session

CaRtharsis

I've never gotten stuck or in an accident in the provence.

Last year a family member used a Quebec tow company to get out of ditch after skidding off the road at QC ski resort. Next day they wanted $800 to release the vehicle to the dealer. Alternatively, local skiers insisted that it would have been best to wait for the SQ police to provide towing service.

Edited by mikel45
grammar check

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I can't be on the hills tonight (um ... I don't see any freezing rain yet!) I pulled together a little table. I know - people want to play it by ear and not really commit, see how they feel and how the conditions are ... but still, something to remind us that this trip is less than a month away!!!

Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday

Owls Head $45 $45 $20 $20 $45 $45

AirMiles $36 $36 $36 $36 $36 $36

Liftopia $30.57 $30.57 $23.66 $30.57

As Mark said, Liftopia tickets are not always available. There is also a deal with Quebec CAA. Anyone from Ottawa; our Vorlage and Cascade season passes do not get us extra discounts, but if you have a Edeleweiss and Camp Fortune will give you a discount (but if you have a Camp Fortune season pass ... !!!)

I am going to go out on a limb and say that Tuesday and Wednesday at Owl's Head is a no-brainer.

Liftopia doesn't have great prices for Jay ... but you can get WaterPark tickets there for cheap (ish). Note that Liftopia tickets also usually have to be purchased ahead of time.

Hmmm Jay on Monday might be a plan especially if quiet. It's probably the next best mountain around as Orford has been fairly patchy this year. Sutton might be an option too although I remember some runs being only skier friendly ie narrow. Loopback was there last year so he'll have it fresh in his head as far as carvability goes but it's more $$$ for not much more.

• 2 weeks later...

Update - we're getting close to this great trip, and I'm getting excited!! A few people have had to pull out due to unfortunate life events, so there are now 3 spaces available! Tabatha has said she'll work out pricing per night if some of you are interested in joining us for just a few days.

Come play!

Update - we're getting close to this great trip, and I'm getting excited!! A few people have had to pull out due to unfortunate life events, so there are now 3 spaces available! Tabatha has said she'll work out pricing per night if some of you are interested in joining us for just a few days.

Come play!

Thinking about coming up for 2 days so looking for 1 or 2 nights lodging. Let me know....

Hi all!

We're getting close, so it's definitely time for an update. We've had a few people cancel from the chalet over the last week, due to those pesky uncontrollable life events. This means a bit of a change for the lodging arrangements. With such a short time to the trip and no one approaching us to put down deposits to fill the remaining 6 spaces, we have chosen to cancel the guest house. The main chalet is now full, although two people may be convinced to pass along their spaces to someone else. If you're keen, let us know asap.

If further cancellations happen, we'll post right away to let everyone know about the opportunity for a 6-day space. A few people have asked about staying for just a few nights, and this is possible. We only have couch/floor crash space at this point, and the property owners have to be notified in advance, so this needs to be arranged before the event. Please post here or send me a PM.

For those people planning to day-trip, please check this thread for updates about whether we're riding at Owl's Head or Jay Peak on a given day. We'll try to make timely decisions and postings so that you can pack/drive accordingly! I believe the current plans include Monday at Jay, and Tues/Wed at Owl's Head. The rest is 'to be determined'! You can call or text me for real-time info at phone number six 1 three - 3 two 2 - three 2 five 0.

We're all looking forward to this trip; it should be great riding with great friends!

Cheers,

Ian :)

Update - there are now two spaces available! One would suit a single female very well, as the bedroom would be be shared with Tabatha. The other is a single bed in one of the guy's rooms. This chalet looks pretty sweet, and the prices are as follows:

We're currently at ten people, so if you're:

- the eleventh person, you and the group all pay $270 for all six nights of accommodation including tax

- the twelfth person, you and the group all pay $250 for all six nights of accommodation including tax

- looking to join us for just a few nights we'll offer a nightly rate of $40 (advance notice please)

Cheers,

Ian :)

Edited by Ian M

Hey, I will be in northern NH next week....where and when is this session??

That means you didn't even make it to page 2 of the thread!

We're riding Sunday, Feb 24 - Friday, March 1 at Owl's Head, QC. We plan on one or two days across the border at Jay Peak also. If you're interested in meeting up with us, check this thread for which hill we'll be at, or text me at the number listed in my post from four days ago.

Cheers,

Ian