Note to New Members ×

USASA Nationals - who's going and which class?

utahdeafcarver

Hi all,

I've not posted much lately but I still feel the hardboot groove with ya'll.

I've been invited to USASA Nationals in the Legend group and I'm curious who else is going? I see names on the invite list but I'm unfamiliar with "who's who" if any of you are on that list. Since I'm Deaf, chatting in person is sometimes a struggle but if I get to know you a little better through this forum, before we meet at Nationals, it may make communication a little easier.

So, who's going and which class are you in? I'll probably only be there April 4-6, the dates for the Legend SL & GS races, with the 6th being a weather day.

Hey Jeff

I'm considering going - kind of agonizing over where to stay, how long, whether to drive it (1077 miles 1-way) or fly. Anybody know much about transit between Silverthorne/Copper? How's the Silver Inn (I know - never ask a local about the motels - they never sleep there:freak3:)?

Nice meeting you and the other folks at the Park City races. Too bad the weather was so crappy. On the other hand, we had some terrific snow that week - face shots in Jupiter bowl on Thursday if I remember correctly.

Dennis

I've decided to go - my last chance to compete as a Kahuna before I become officially old. SL and GS. Staying in Silverthorne, convenient to the best shopping in the country ($$:eek:$$). Looking forward to seeing you guys. It's hard to contemplate leaving the NW and all the fresh powder we've been getting for a week in crusty Colorado, but White Pass is making noises about operating into May with 459" to date, 106" at the base/183" at the summit and no crowd to speak of...

Dennis

Hey Glenn -

I've been promoted to head Alpine TS. Steve Fleck will be at GS and Alison Sterley (Alaska) will be at SL...I'll be primarily down at SL...Now I'm hoping for some sort of promotion at the Incline...Like free beers for old dudes...

-Noah

I have heard from Bomber that a number of people attending Nationals have asked to borrow boards for their race. While both of us would prefer not to have demos sitting at the top of the course not being demoed, I have a bit of a solution. I do have a few 185 rev prototypes on hand still, so I will ensure that I have them in the tent. These boards will be made available to individuals wishing to race on them and of course can be purchased during the event. I will not take sign ups for them, they will be lent out on a first come first served basis though. With luck we will have enough on hand for those wishing to borrow a board for their race.

Noah,

I wont be there this year. But make sure you give my RIDE-MA$$, MA$$HOLE sweatshirt to Glenn for me. This is the one you promised me last year (GFY), If not no biggy ! I'll just forget to pack my stepsons Extra strength Ritalin. The days he's in your venue I'll make sure he asks you plenty of questions. This kid could single put you into a mental institution, you would he was my real son. GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!

Look for him, A.J Jarabek, 14-15 age group.

GFY's

Hey Glenn -

I've been promoted to head Alpine TS. Steve Fleck will be at GS and Alison Sterley (Alaska) will be at SL...I'll be primarily down at SL...Now I'm hoping for some sort of promotion at the Incline...Like free beers for old dudes...

-Noah

Great idea Sean. Practice day is March 31. The GS and SL course will be open for practice from 8-3. That would be a great time for demo's. There will be plenty of time for multiple practice runs on different boards. An excellent opportunity to test race boards in a race course. Definately would love to test out a new REV 185.

I have heard from Bomber that a number of people attending Nationals have asked to borrow boards for their race. While both of us would prefer not to have demos sitting at the top of the course not being demoed, I have a bit of a solution. I do have a few 185 rev prototypes on hand still, so I will ensure that I have them in the tent. These boards will be made available to individuals wishing to race on them and of course can be purchased during the event. I will not take sign ups for them, they will be lent out on a first come first served basis though. With luck we will have enough on hand for those wishing to borrow a board for their race.

Jeff,

To balance the replies, I'd like to say there will be a bunch of Legend women racing! Make sure you say hello at the start. Regarding Noah's comment "remember...be nice to your officials...know the rulebook. and please no protests! on the other hand, you are welcome to buy us beer at the Incline Bar..." Be nice...only if the course is good! Protest....just to give them a hard time! and don't buy them any beer....it won't change your standing! Just kidding. Noah is awesome at Nationals. I'm looking forward to seeing Steve at the start gate!

guys -

Practice day is not an open course for demoing equipment or getting in long overdue gate training. The courses are set for riders to to come, get a feel for the hill and process for the comp day. There are athletes who do not get an opportunity to get up there until the very end of the day, and courses are useless because people take 10000 runs it...Really - Nobody should be taking more than 3 runs on each course on practice day...