Note to New Members ×

Suzuka boots vs. Track 700's?

barryj

I have a pair of Deeluxe Suzuka boots that I have been on for two seasons, (bought barely used)

I really like these boots and felt a positive difference with the asym shell, (but maybe anything would of be a big difference over my DECADE OLD Raichle's 125's!) but the buckle straps are fickle as to where and how they catch!

The new buckle systems on the Deeluxe boots look like a huge improvement!

I see the Track 700 also has a asym shell....which I think I want to stick with.

How do you guys rate these two boots in a comparsion?

Would I see any immediate difference/improvement with the Track 700's

I'm 6'2 and 205lbs, mondo 31.5 and 70/65 angles on a Virus Avy FLP FTP

Any input would be appreciated.

The white T700's ('07 and '08 seasons) are very Suzuka-like in feel, except that they have buckles instead of zip-tie ratchets, and the lowerpiece of the shell deforms less in warm weather. The newer red/white ones, same except stiffer plastic.

I had both Suzuka and T700 (07-08 years, white) boots and as Mike T said, it's very identical except buckles. Only difference I experienced was stiffness. T700 was bit more flexible than Suzuka. If you like Suzuka, you can swap buckles to Track series. There was the buckle swapped photos of Raichle boots (Pokkis) in here and instruction in Carver's Almanac.

Edit.. oh here.. it's not Suzuka but AF boots buckle modification

http://www.alpinecarving.com/buckle_replacement_eng.pdf

Edited by piusthedrcarve
Adding more

It'll cost you something like $100 to order new buckles and teeth. Might as well buy new boots.

Well. That's personal preference. I went thru probably 7-8 boots over last 2 seasons to find which one fits best for my feet. All different manufacturers, models, a size larger/smaller, w/ stock liners or moldable liners and even with/without modification. I chose an older boots with a lot of modification with non-moldable liners. I hope OP experienced all that but if Suzuka fits well and stiffness is in his comfort zone, why bother? Maybe that's why Northwave .950 still are still getting huge demands although they are 10+ years old..

hmm.. Since my season in here is over and I'm quiet happy with my decision, I will list the tested boots (mostly M28) for sale soon. :)

I really like the asym of my Suzuka's and if there's not that much difference between Suzuka's and T700's, $100 is nothing campared to the $600 for T700's on BOL!

http://bomberonline.3dcartstores.com/Track-700-with-Thermo-Flex-Liners_p_93.html

Suzuka and the 700T shells are similar, but do flex differently at the cuff for me. I like the strap style upper shell buckles of the Suzukas better than 700T's for range of adjustment.

A fuller volume TF liner like the TF DEL 141 or DCL 131 (I have fitted the DCL 131) will stiffen the 700T shell. I used red BTS springs when I had the black TF Speed liners in the 700T's. Now using yellow & blue springs with the thicker TF liner. My thinner black TF Speed liners are perfect in my Suzukas. Both boots appear to flex the same.

I have both Suzuka & 700T boots with BTS. Either boot works for me at 175 lb/79.5 kg.

I really like the asym of my Suzuka's and if there's not that much difference between Suzuka's and T700's, $100 is nothing campared to the $600 for T700's on BOL!

http://bomberonline.3dcartstores.com/Track-700-with-Thermo-Flex-Liners_p_93.html

Agreed! I love my Suzuka's and have no problem shelling out the $ to fix the only thing I do not like about them....Here's the list I have of the parts for converting a pair of boots (plus nuts/bolts/washers)

post-5581-141842364659_thumb.jpg

Wow -Great information guys!

Jim - I agree - I like the upper straps of my Suzuka's - it's the toe and arch that suck -see below!

What was it you didn't like about the original liner in your Suzuka's?

Can you post a pic or link for the Black liner you use please........

Also - Jim, you come up to Squaw or Alpine any? I have not seen one other hardbooter all season :(

Come on up - were supposed to get 5-7 FEET of snow over the next 36 hours!

Loopback - thanks for that great parts list! I like my upper buckles/straps on my Suzuka's - it's the arch and toe that I

have no adjustment left - the first catch that works on the toe strap is to tight and to keep my heels down

it's 3 clicks past comfotable! So I'm gonna use your list and order the toe and arch parts tonight!

Can you please post a pic of your modded Suzuka"s!

Loopback,

I ordered the parts for the arch and toe, thanks so much for the info.........whats the scoop on the "nuts/bolts/washers" I will need?

No worries! I have not done mine yet, I figured I would get as much out the ratchet straps as possible but will post pix as soon as they are done. (with the Fintecs/BTS and buckles the add ons will be worth more than the boots)

In the .pdf in post #3 above it references using a M6 12mm to reattach the arch strap as you will need to drill out the existing rivet. I haven't gone through buckle by buckle to see if this is required on all of them yet though.

Cheers

//Paul

The original Deeluxe 700's were a combination of the Indy and Suzuka. Deeluxe wanted to only have 3 models, and they thought this would be a good compromise. However, that model of 700's people found too soft, so they stiffened them and they are now the Track 700's that are shown here http://bomberonline.3dcartstores.com/Track-700-with-Thermo-Flex-Liners_p_93.html

The white version (from 08/09) are the softer ones.

My bootfitter told me to get the .5 version if possible, because those liners are usually much better fitting. Actually he said "keep looking around until you find a boot that fits and has a .5 size, not a .0 one", but that could prove to be hard if you have only four different molds of hardboots.