Note to New Members ×

Any interest in a coiler monster (183, 14M, 20cm waist, metal)?

shawndoggy

It was $800 or so new, and has only a handful of runs.

I've not been religiously following the classifieds and I don't have a feel for the market right now. What's it worth?

Gah. OK that's not an answer. Let's say $600 shipped in the lower 48 or $800 shipped with TD2 SI's with 3 degree cants and yellow bumpers.

And then you can all beat me up if that price is way off.

Since it's howling windy and I'm stuck at home today, I snapped a few pics. Wax is fresh. The board's finish looks flat because the plastic is still on top. Man was it dusty. This board needs to go to a good home where someone will put it through its paces.

For those who asked about the bindings... bumpers are purple (not yellow like I thought) and both receivers are alu. Took pictures of the wear on the receivers. There's lots of life left in them.

f6bdb904.jpg4298e2c4.jpg

0a4ad09e.jpg

6a184d40.jpg

db2b41b7.jpg

54899685.jpg

and a couple of "shopped" pics:

desaturated.jpg

desaturated2.jpg

Edited by shawndoggy

How would this board compare to a Prior WCR metal board? The board my roommate rode was a 173 WCRM, it has a 12m SCR and a 21 waist, would this be a close match being softer than the Prior?

If you decide to break up the set, he is actively looking for TD2's.

Thanks

JIM

My other board is a 177 wcrm with the 21cm waist. I would say that this board rides "longer" than the prior. It's not a noodle by any means... it's a stiff board, but not silly stiff. I'd say it's probably stiffer than my prior, even though it's "only" built for 165 lbs. It's also a cm narrower, so it's going to require slightly steeper angles for a bigfoot.

I shouldn't...but I'm tempted. To confirm, the sidecut is "single radius", not variable, right?

Would you have any interest in either a Madd BX or a Steepwater Plow (I believe it's 171 cm, will check if you're interested) + cash?

Dan I'm pretty sure this *is* a variable sidecut board. Bruce built the board for me after we had a chairlift conversation at OES in spring 2009. I'm pretty sure variable radius was the hot ticket at the time, but to be honest I'm not 100% positive. I'm sure bruce could tell from the sidewall inscription. This thread looks like a good indication of the genre of the board:http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?28004-Coiler-Monster-182

I'm not really interested in trades right now and was hoping to free some $$$ up for a different hobby that's been demanding my attention.

Dan I'm pretty sure this *is* a variable sidecut board.

Per the Coiler website, most Monsters of this size were made with the 12m/15m radii. Bruce specifically designed the flex of the Monster to work with these SCR's - slight changes in body positioning will completely change how the board turns. I loved my Monster, but decided it was time to try something new; it was my go-to board when I had it!

PS - from the photos, the sidewall is engraved 182cm, not 183 :)

howdy dan

sorry for the thread jack... specs on the madd bx and how much?

Hi West Carven, that's actually good timing :)

I'm thinking $250+shipping for the Madd BX. These boards all got custom names printed on the topsheet - this one is "The Annunciator". I bought it from Shaggy -- given that he had a whole stable of Madds to choose from, I'm not sure how much he rode it, but I probably have about 25-30 days on it. I believe they specced the length on these as 168 cm (but they're actually a bit longer); I'll take nose/waist/tail measurements tonight. This has the carbon butterfly and is fairly stiff (for me at 155 lbs). It has steel inserts, rather than brass.

The topsheet is in pretty good shape, maybe a 7.5 or 8 out of 10. The base has one long ugly scratch, maybe 10 inches or so. It doesn't go to the core, and it's aligned with the long axis of the board (i.e., doesn't affect how the board rides flat), so I haven't repaired it.

I'll post pics in a separate thread tonight; you have dibs if you're interested. Shawn, sorry to clutter your thread :)