Note to New Members ×

Nice "Reverse C" Toeside Form

Jack M

I still think countering that twist might be the reason to off set the mounts on a plate opposite to the stance as in the JJA thread http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=353590#post353590

Apart from differences in board construction, a torsionally stiff plate, mounted on the outermost UPM inserts, will have the greatest effect in reducing twist while still allowing the board to bend/decamber.

To my way of thinking, assymmetric/offset isocline plate mounts make no sense, nor does an assymmetric board core make sense on a isocline plate equipped snowboard.

SunSurfer

PS: The FIS Smugmug site http://fis.smugmug.com/ is a great resource for someone like me, on the far side of the world. Beautiful hi-res photos of both rider style and equipment.

Yep, those are TD3 SW toe and heel assemblies on Sigi's board. He just direct mounts them. I am trying to get him to try the new BP Lower System as that is about as low as a direct mount system. We'll see.

For those who already have their CARVE magazine, on page 93 is a sweet close-up of Sigi with our SideWinders. :biggthump

SunSufer: Apart from differences in board construction, a torsionally stiff plate, mounted on the outermost UPM inserts, will have the greatest effect in reducing twist while still allowing the board to bend/decamber.

To my way of thinking, assymmetric/offset isocline plate mounts make no sense, nor does an assymmetric board core make sense on a isocline plate equipped snowboard.

Best statement/observation on plates I have heard in a long time ;)