Riceball

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yo crew!!

I had an unreal day out there. Literally best day ever. The snow was perfect.

Riceball thanks again for organizing the event. Stoked to see the pics.

Corey, if any of that follow cam turns out, would be super keen if you can post it on YouTube or whatever. Same with you Neil if anything looks any good from the steep pitch I'd love to see it.

Overall a topshelf day.

Thanks to everyone.

Have fun over the next couple days.

Kurt

Steve you organize a great get together. Its fantastic to see the amount of skill in the entire Calgary crew. I had a great time and its the first time Les and my two daughters also attended. I actually felt like I could sort of hold my own this year. Stuff I couldn't carve on last year I was able to ride this year and feel the energy coming back from my board.

Olivia (10) had her first day on hardboots on Saturday and is now dying for me to put them on the little FP 3.5 I have in my garage for her. Zoe (7) loved riding and hanging out with "the Carvers". Both girls had fun at the apres party at Steve's and seeing pictures of themselves riding.

Sorry I couldn't hang with everyone during lunch. But seeing as it was difficult to talk it's probably better this way.

Steve and Ann thanks again for organizing this and enjoy the ice wine.

Cheers,

Dave

Great conditions and great people - what more could you ask for? :biggthump Thanks to Steve for organizing and Dave & Steve for hauling me around.

Neil, Steve, and I went up to Lake Louise today. The snow was really fast and pretty grippy, with the occasional ice spot to keep you on your toes. I found myself going way too fast for conditions multiple times! Neil was grinning like a little kid at the moguls. :) Steve and I cheered him on and went around. LOL!

I'll get the videos up over the next week or so as I find time. I'll post the HD versions to YouTube, then people can grab them with something like www.keepvid.com or similar. My 9 PM flight got changed to 11:30 with no notice until I got to the gate. :( Shame I can't edit the videos right now as I've got some dead time.

Thanks to everyone for a great weekend. Stoked that I got to ride with so many great people! It's just a shame that there were so many peeps at Nakiska on Saturday - although from the traffic going out, it looks like everyone in Calgary decided to get out before the cold snap hit. I don't think the crowds would have been much better anywhere else.

Louise sounded like fun yesterday. Shame I was out of legs and trying to get some mobility back into my neck (yoga this morning was interesting ...)

All the out of towners got out just before we headed into the deep freeze ... stay warm!

That was the first NES for me, and definitely not my last. Next time I need to not hurt myself a week before and get rid of scheduling conflicts so I could come out more than just Sat and actually hang out with you guys later on!

It was great meeting all of you and actually riding with some hardboot brethren, and sisterthen (?), for a change.

Thanks!