Riceball

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Only 2 weeks away! I just hope we get a dusting of snow to ease up on the hard-packed conditions we are experiencing right now.

Have run into a lot of new carvers over the past couple of weeks and have been spreading the news about NES. Hopefully we'll get another good turn-out again this year.

There will be a few newbies at the session, so the group may be split between those who want to rip and those who want to learn.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again and getting some good photos. Everyone is welcome back to the Recsky house for Pizza and Beer on Saturday night. There might even be a few of us that hook up for dinner on Friday night too.

Here is the schedule for the weekend starting Friday, January 13th:

Friday - Nakiska - 9am meet and greet, 11:30am lunch upstairs lounge

Friday Evening - Dinner out?

Saturday - Nakska - 9am meet and greet, 11:30am lunch upstairs lounge

Saturday Evening - Beer and Pizza at the Recsky's (78 Springbank Cres. SW)

Sunday - Location pending

Can't wait to ride!!!

Allee mentioned the awesome summer weather you guys are getting in another thread. :( I guess the plans will be loose and flexible until a few days before? Is there enough snow in Banff?

I can ride crappy snow here if I need to... ;)

There was plenty of white stuff in Lake Louise this weekend (cold too ...) and Sunshine is having a great season so far - Wild West is open, and I don't think that was open at all last season. Forecast for Banff this week is for snow on Wednesday and Friday.

I haven't been to Nakiska since Xmas Eve. I should imagine it got pummelled with all the holiday crowds ... let's see what next week brings. The K Country forecast for this week is snow "maybe" on Friday.

"crossing fingers"

Hey there,

I am pulling the pin on my carving endeavours and won't be able to meet up with all of you next weekend.

Actually I've decided to sell my equipment rather than hang on to it, if anyone might be interested give me a shout.

Best wishes,

Gordon

Damn, that's sad news. Please let me know what you are getting rid of as I have a few people who may be interested.

After I bumped into you after New Years at Nakiska - I was back today and despite my best efforts at playing with the settings - I resigned. I may come back to it in a few more years but no point holding on the the gear when someone else my get better use out of it now.

2010/2011 Prior WCRM 169 - the one you saw at COP last year

Catek OS2 small plate <10 US

Deeluxe Track 700 red/white m 27.0

My contact number is 403 869 1138

sunshine had a big dump... could not hold an edge at all. Super windy too. Steph slid 50 ft rown a black off continental that was like a pond hockey rink. I didvsome good euro carves nee 1989 burton... Did not recover.

Nakiska sunday with a skiing buddy from work. Anybody need room or ride for NES?

I was at Nakiska today. Weird conditions..... (or maybe it was me riding a new board with a new BBP....) Upper hill, steeper pitch off Silver awsome snow, killed it (after 5 runs figuring it all out)

I said I wanted to ride the steep pitch under Silver as a goal this year and decided to give it a rip, it was too soft, plowed out on every other turn but I rode it. F yeah.

At the bottom under silver chair I generally rail that pitch, I didnt clean it once... It was super firm.

K

Hey there,

I am pulling the pin on my carving endeavours and won't be able to meet up with all of you next weekend.

Actually I've decided to sell my equipment rather than hang on to it, if anyone might be interested give me a shout.

Best wishes,

Gordon

Gord, you could give it one last go before you give up. There will be a lot of carving love out on the hill next weekend and we can help you get back into the groove. Just a thought.

sounds weird Kurt. If anybody is going to Nakiska today can you report? Thinking about going tomorrow but might change plans if its weird.

N

Just got back from 1/2 a day at Nakiska today. From the last pitch under Silver and up was great snow. Generally, it got a bit deeper the higher you went up. Red Crow on Gold was fantastic although it appears they didn't groom it so I had to be careful not to stuff the nose in to deep. North Axe on the front was definitely bullet-proof near the bottom. It wasn't Kurt's imagination. I hear there was some rain on the lower sections this past week. That would explain a lot. I saw Alex and Jeff today riding and ran into Chris in the lodge. The way the snow is setting up now, next weekend should be perfect.

After I bumped into you after New Years at Nakiska - I was back today and despite my best efforts at playing with the settings - I resigned.
Just not having any fun with it? Will you go back to softies or skis? Maybe you just need a more forgiving setup - 700s and Cateks seem a little stiff to me.

Gord, you could give it one last go before you give up. There will be a lot of carving love out on the hill next weekend and we can help you get back into the groove. Just a thought.

I agree. Come out next weekend, let some people point you in the right direction, and give it a decent shot before you call it. This isn't an easy sport to learn by yourself, and the conditions at the moment are better for landing yourself in the ER than learning to snowboard.

Seems a shame to buy all that nice gear and take a loss on it.

I agree. Come out next weekend, let some people point you in the right direction, and give it a decent shot before you call it. This isn't an easy sport to learn by yourself, and the conditions at the moment are better for landing yourself in the ER than learning to snowboard.

Seems a shame to buy all that nice gear and take a loss on it.

Thank you for the encouragement - it not been the same since the spill I took last season and Friday was the nail in the coffin - all the confidence I had has gone and I felt like a liability to myself and others...