Note to New Members ×

Apex Sport Plate released!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Duc, Thanks for the great photos!! Are you a residential, commercial or industrial heating / ac tech?

The plate looks pretty stiff, is it flexing at all under your weight?

Photos of the base plate, mounting hardware please? Thanks, Bryan

Welcome to Bomber!!

Current currency exchange puts it at approx. 475$

The price tag at 500$ cad is tempting, now I'm curious to see the JJ interface...

Doesn't sound/look like they are compatible. JJA boards are not 4x4 right?

Sport plate says 4x4 only??

Specifications

•Weight: 1.95 kg (approximate)

•Ride Height: 35 mm

•Stance Range: 438 - 660 mm

•Insert Compatibility: 4x4 only

•Deck Material: Fibre reinforced thermo composite

•Hardware: Aluminium, stainless steel, Delrin

•Price: CAD$499.00 (introductory)

•Target Ship Date: September 19, 2011

At 35mm high and 1.95 kilograms as well as very stiff it looks like this plate is really simply a cheaper racing plate than the original Apex plate. Lower lighter and flexable may not be where the next generation of plates is headed yet ! Have to wait and see where JJ takes it.

At 35mm high and 1.95 kilograms as well as very stiff it looks like this plate is really simply a cheaper racing plate than the original Apex plate. Lower lighter and flexable may not be where the next generation of plates is headed yet ! Have to wait and see where JJ takes it.

Actually, yes they are. See Tinkler A.R.T. Plate System

I think it calculates out to 1.3 kilograms?

Specifically this post

• 4 months later...
so the rather large part of this thread hat has been missing... how does it ride? If you have ridden any other plates, comparisons would be greatly appreciated!

The plates were all recalled. As I undestand it, they are reworking it and the new version won't be avil for 1-2 years.

Anyone with better info don't hesitate to correct me.

I ended up getting a 4 mm Boiler Plate and I'm very happy with it. I would doubt anyone has nicer sub plate hardwear (nice work Fin). I don't know if I've totally nailed down the best way too ride it but I like it more everytime i ride it. Its spendy but worth it IMHO.

I have the BBP mounted on my 188 Carbo Monster and was loving it at Panorama a week ago. So smooth...... Superb edge hold.

I wish my legs were a little more fresh when I rode CM but thats just how the trip unravelled with 4 boards in the quiver and 4 days o riding. Keep in mind a full on free carver with zero racing aspirations. 5mm might be better for the racer types.

My $0.02

K

Yes, the plates were recalled before the snow so I bought a Jasey Jay snowboard with the plate on it.

I only had one alpine board before (Volkl) and never rode a board with a plate so for me it was a first ride with a plate and first time with an other board.

It went very well the JJA board is very easy to control at higher speed and when the snow is rought I can go lot faster than I am use to with the Volkl.

I don't race, I don't do EC, I only do snowboard for the fun and I am having fun with this new board.

29493[/ATTACH]post-11105-141842360389_thumb.jpg

post-11105-141842360385_thumb.jpg

post-11105-141842360387_thumb.jpg

I still have not had a chance to ride my jja SL board. Can't wait.

Be interesting to see the difference

The recall is only on the sport plate, I think the problem is coming from the design of the slider, if you mount the delrin slider too close of the

opening end side it may go out !! oops

They recalled everithing and refound all the cost ( plate,tax,shipping,etc.) with a good rebate on the race plate.