Note to New Members ×

TD3 step-in users

Jeffrey Day

I have a question for the TD3 step-in users. Who has ridden both the yellow and blue e-rings? I am looking for a comparision between the soft yellow and the medium blue e-rings. I am about 155 pounds and and I think I'm an advanced level carver.

Currently, I am running TD3 step-ins with the blue e-rings. I have been tempted to get me some yellow e-rings, but I'm fairly happy with where my riding is at and I am not sure I want to mess with something that is working for me.

I'd love to hear some comparision! Thanks.

Hey Jeff I've been riding yellows for years and recently decided to give the blue ones a try. I honestly can't really tell the difference between the 2. It's probably a combination of a damp metal board, BTS, thicker elatomers (compared to TD2's) etc. With your weight you are probably fine with yellow.

I use both but weigh 185.

Yellow is on my Donek metal Freecarve.

Blue is on my Donek metal Axxess.

I had yellow on the Axxess for first half of the season but then switched to the softer blue with the idea that in chopped up conditions they would be better. They seem to be a bit gentler on my knees on bouncy stuff.

I had yellow on the Axxess for first half of the season but then switched to the softer blue with the idea that in chopped up conditions they would be better. They seem to be a bit gentler on my knees on bouncy stuff.

I believe that the yellow e-rings are softer than blue.

yellow=soft

blue=medium

red=stiff

When I used TD3 bindings I ran the blue rings. At 150lbs I felt no need for the softer/yellow rings.

I use both but weigh 185.

Yellow is on my Donek metal Freecarve.

Blue is on my Donek metal Axxess.

Do you have that backwards? I'm pretty sure yellow is the softest.

yellow = soft

blue = medium

red = hard

I'm pretty new, but having used yellow and blue on two boards I find the yellow's softness too much for stiffer boards in hardpack. I'm probably over 200 lbs w/gear. But I can't tell the difference between blue and yellow in softer snow.

I have been using blue for the past two years, since I got the TD3s. I came off of TD2s with yellow e-rings, but somehow ended up with blue when I upgraded.

That sounds about right for me too. When I purchased my TD3s, The yellow e-rings were on back order and I was too impatient to wait for them to become available.

I will get my chance to try the yellow e-rings possibly this week-end. We will see!

I changed from yellow to blue this year. Personnally I found the board much faster edge to edge with the stiffer rings in. I recieved input back from the board faster and the board responded faster to my inputs with the stiffer rings.

I'm 215 lbs 6' 2" and ride UPZ RTRs with the black tongue, on a 173/21.5/13.4 Schtubby.

Dave