Note to New Members ×

Burton buckle attachment

DiveBomber

How would one reinstall a burton buckle?? since they are riveted?

really?

if you're not just joking and it's a honest question just about any ski shop on the face of the planet can help you. the better ones can even rivet the boots so it will look like nothing ever happened.

screws work if it's all they have or home depot has, some vintages of the fire are mostly constructed with screws where in previous years they were riveted. those boots would come apart until you gave them the blue loctite treatment.

To Bad they have removed all the industrial arts programs from the schools! I guess in the end Dylan will be correct in saying "everything is Broken" :eek:

In seventh grade the bracket for the turbine blades on our steam turbine engines was riveted to the lid of the tin can. Even if they still have industrial tech, kids nowadays would likely use a tec screw and a cordless drill. The teacher may not have even seen a rivet dye.

Anyway Divebomber, you can buy pop rivets, and a rivet gun from a car parts store.

Anyway Divebomber, you can buy pop rivets, and a rivet gun from a car parts store.

I would NOT suggest this. Those pop rivets are cheap as hell and made from aluminum that has a strong possibility of pulling out.

Use stainless steel T nuts and hardware, loctite seals the deal.

and id rather not use t-nuts since the screw head would stick out a bit

get shorter screws or grind down the ones you have - not that difficult. You're really overthinking this stuff...

and pop rivets actually work fine on most buckles, in my experience -I have used them a few times and they held for over a season.

I would NOT suggest this. Those pop rivets are cheap as hell and made from aluminum that has a strong possibility of pulling out.

Use stainless steel T nuts and hardware, loctite seals the deal.

I've used them, they work. the smaller sizes suck though. I had to bore out the hole in the boot a little. IME from experience with t-nut and screw constructed burton boots the rivets are the way to go if you can find them.

the other thing is the flange on the rivet can make or break the deal.

check out the steel with the large flange http://www.nutsandbolts.com/rivets-c-249.html