Note to New Members ×

REAL Waterskiing.

Jack M

<object width='618' height='348'><param name='movie' value='http://static.grindtv.com/player/optics.swf?sa=1&si=1&i=57270&sct=surf'></param><param name='wmode' value='transparent'></param><embed src='http://static.grindtv.com/player/optics.swf?sa=1&si=1&i=57270' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' wmode='transparent' width='618' height='348'></embed></object>

I think they should be banned from beaches. Obviously you can't be in control with your feet on separate boards. They'll be injuring surfers, and causing general mayhem. Not to mention, do we want skier types on our waves? :eplus2:

Also, if your skis are too short they will bump up the waves and leave moguls. :freak3:

I'm really hoping that Jaws kills one of these kooks
I think they should be banned from beaches. Obviously you can't be in control with your feet on separate boards. They'll be injuring surfers, and causing general mayhem. Not to mention, do we want skier types on our waves? :eplus2:

What Buster said. These attitudes are extremely hypocritical coming from snowboarders.

Heh, well, I wasn't sure, and Gecko's seemed kinda serious, so I lumped yours in with his. ;) I respect the right to think it's kooky, and maybe it is. Just pointing out that nobody wanted snowboarders on "their" hills at first either. Not that I think this is going anywhere.

I gotta say that after watching this and other footage on this, it doesn't look that enjoyable. Growing up on the water and waterskiing, kneeboarding, "skurfing" and windsurfing, I just don't see the fun in it. Having the balance points of a surfboard in waves of that size would provide, IMO, more confidence and a feeling to push harder and faster without fear of eating $hit in a most spectacular way. That said, I do enjoy the ability to interchange between big skis, carving boards and softies on various frozen, watery surfaces. To each their own said the woman as she kissed her cow.