Note to New Members ×

Afton Log 2010-11

Scott.Creer

In the AM 7 was hopping with carvers (Greg, Trent, Dave and Someone from the ski school (Chris?)). Sorry I couldn't play, we had a mock test for the patrol candidates. Great conditions today. Next weekend, I, along with the D-team kids, will be up at Wild. No gates to get in the way.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the AM 7 was hopping with carvers (Greg, Trent, Dave and Someone from the ski school (Chris?)). Sorry I couldn't play, we had a mock test for the patrol candidates. Great conditions today. Next weekend, I, along with the D-team kids, will be up at Wild. No gates to get in the way.

i saw a lot of alpine trenches out there, but the only people i saw were you, and some mystery guy wearing all black.... Never saw trent, or greg.

I though the the snow was good, but was struggling with it for some reason... every thing was kinda rutted up, i guess.

What a great way to start off the month of February. On my way up 5 about 10 AM I spotted Greg and Trent on their way to 7. I was able to ride with them for the better part of the AM. I did a quick board swap (Coiler AM was a bit soft, needed the Donek GS) and rejoined the group on 2 to say goodbye to Trent.

Greg and I rode 2 until a little past noon. In the afternoon I had fresh groomed on 12 and easy twelve all to myself until 2:30 PM. Finished the day on 16 around 5 PM. Total vertical for the day was in excess of 11,500 ft. It felt good to get in a full day without interruptions.

Last night I suffered what I now believe to be a stress fracture of my fibia on 7. Fortunately, this was the last night of training for the patrol candidates. They had the "privilege" of hauling me down.

I'll be out for 8-12 weeks, which means my season is over.

I am not happy.

I'll be back next season.

Sorry to hear that, good luck on recovery!!!! Fracturing the fibia is a big deal, that takes a lot of force.

Thanks for the support. If there is some who knows about coming back from injury it would be the Bionic Man. Fortunately the fibia isn't the weight bearing bone, it's the tibia that is. So I am not is a cast, just using a cane.

So for the rest of the season I will ride the computer.

Fortunately the fibia isn't the weight bearing bone

bonzo,

I actually broke mine while I was in high school soft boot snowboarding. I slipped on some east coast ice, and slid right into a snow gun. It made contact right above the boot.

My father swore it wasn't broken, so we just put a frozen bag of peas on it for a few days. Then he told me to ride it off. I did that from January to March, then went to the ER cause it still hurt. Turned out it healed at an angle cause of the break. Even this year (12 years later), it hurts some days.

Take care, and be careful rippin' with the computer.

Ouch Bonzo - sorry to hear. Heal well!

Thanks Scuff. I'm trying my best on the healing part. My doctor authorized a game ready device to speed recovery. Unfortunately the insurance company told me it wasn't covered. I can see how much my employer values my health.

http://www.gameready.com/

So I am doing my best with compression wraps and ice packs. I look like a crazy man at work with zip lock baggies of ice taped to my leg. Who cares? The season isn't over yet.

Pretty icy last saturday when the temp raised and dropped fast, me being the n00b I am, I couldn't keep an edge. Looks like out with the snowboards and in with the longboards haha

Oh, and I hear there is someone that teaches alpine snowboarding?

if your the kid i met the other day (alex?) i heard from the grape vine you fell and lost your glasses. lol

Any way, i think i might be out friday night. for the first time since MES, pretty much. say hi if your out!

ugh, sucks to be back in mn! rode for 1.5 hours this morning with powell1.8. 4 inches of snowcone covering ice. not fun times. went down chair 2 one time, then we headed over to 7. the middle was ok, but the top and bottom were tough.

buried the nose on 16 so hard that i ended up rolling a few times. i'm sure the chair loved the show! boy, do i hope it gets cold again, and soon. not really ready to have the season over.

awesomo12000, good to meet you this morning! sorry we didn't get to chat, but i was on a very tight schedule. plus i was grumpy about how quickly the conditions have turned to junk. hope you had fun riding with all your friends. it had to be better than school! :biggthump

-trent

if your the kid i met the other day (alex?) i heard from the grape vine you fell and lost your glasses. lol

Any way, i think i might be out friday night. for the first time since MES, pretty much. say hi if your out!

Ya, that's me haha

I will defiantly be out friday if the snow looks good.

awesomo12000, good to meet you this morning! sorry we didn't get to chat, but i was on a very tight schedule. plus i was grumpy about how quickly the conditions have turned to junk. hope you had fun riding with all your friends. it had to be better than school! :biggthump

-trent

Nice meetin you and Greg too! All my friends are park monkeys that don't get how awesome carving really is, so I left them. :biggthump

Ya, that's me haha

I will defiantly be out friday if the snow looks good.

ugh, sucks to be back in mn! rode for 1.5 hours this morning with powell1.8. 4 inches of snowcone covering ice. not fun times. went down chair 2 one time, then we headed over to 7. the middle was ok, but the top and bottom were tough.

buried the nose on 16 so hard that i ended up rolling a few times. i'm sure the chair loved the show! boy, do i hope it gets cold again, and soon. not really ready to have the season over.

-trent

i supposed to be colder tomorrow. i have a feeling the snow is going to set up like sand after ther groom it, except 1 2 and 3 cause they insist on grooming that in the morning, when it's warmer. tomorrow could have some potential. only down side is it's a friday.

rode from 2-4 today. man the alps were packed. 7 was ok, but really choppy, and what is with the moguls on skiers right?

12 was awesome. skiers left of 12 was fun till other people wanted to join my one man party on it.

be back tomorrow. hoping to go early, but who knows when I will get there.

pretty effin good! only able to ride for about 1.5 hours this morning, but it was great. when i got there, only 3 of us on the hill - 2 carvers and 1 ski carver. it was cool seeing only carved tracks on the cord.

re-met paul. he took bobd's advice for the day. ;)

-trent

started with super flat light. i couldn't tell where the hill ended, and the sky began from the chair. :eek: can you tell?

IMG_4992.JPG

IMG_4993.JPG

i tried adding my own contrast to see better. ;)

IMG_4994.JPG

i stayed on 2 for a while. it was great, but they were setting courses, so it was getting crowded. headed to 7 for a bit, but even more gates eventually were set there too. but 7 was sweet! super solid snow. tried 16 for one run; it sucked. very soft, felt like marbles. 12 was ok, but inconsistent. some was solid, some was soft.

headed back to 2, and played between the 2 nastar courses, and the ussa course. the sun came out! whoo-hoo, blue skies and almost nobody there (except racers). some straighliner skiers followed me down on one run, and i heard them talking about how cool what i was doing was. then on the chair ride up, scott came down the same run. i heard from a chair or two behind me, "whoa! look at that! it's so effing cool!!!". :biggthump i agree. scott was killing it today. nice work!