Note to New Members ×

Visit to CO in early Dec

GeoffV

I'm psyched I haven't been out West since the 05 SES.

I'll be in Silverthrone from 12/2 to 12/6. I'll be looking for some locals to ride with on Friday, Sat, and Sun.

Snowman, Fin is going to set me up with a 158, that should be good right?:lol:

Ok, promise me some good snow, otherwise Fin will put me to work at the shop:(

Keep us informed Geoff!

It is looking like JP1 is also trying to get out in early Dec. so you may have some eastern company while you're out. It will be cool to ride with you and we should be able to get a pretty good group to slide with.

Any size board is OK but with a 158 the girls may make fun of you. Oh wait, the Pink Pantster doesn't ride with the lowbrow Lovey riders now that she has moved to Aspen.

Here is the cheaps for Lovey - http://www.skiloveland.com/ticketsandpasses/4pak.aspx

these are real tickets, not punch card or picture ID kinda thing so you can always sell what you don't use. JP1 went this route last season and it worked out well.

JD, the supabee won't be running that early. yous know dat

Ink

JD, drop me a line and let me know if you're out there the same time I am.

I'm open to riding anywhere. Thanks for the info inkaholic those are some cheap tix man. Once we figure out where we are riding I'll look into buying some tickets.

What does Angie wear fur coats now and only ride in Aspen?

• 2 weeks later...
Something similar to this. Rumor has it she opted for the diamond-encrusted version.

I'm sorry if it ain't Dior, it isn't good enough.

Geoff, even I don't ride a 158. Depending on how early season treats us and how busy the art world is when you're here, I'll probably make a cameo on Sunday of your visit :biggthump

Maybe even one Jim Callen will join me if he's not working.

(I can't believe it took me a week to see this Angie bashing thread!:eplus2:)

I'm sorry if it ain't Dior, it isn't good enough.

Geoff, even I don't ride a 158.

I was wondering when you'd pick up on this...

Ouch, girl you have come a long way from the 2006 ECES, if I recall that was your first season on hardboots.

Don't worry I hope Fin doesn't set me up with a 58', that was just a joke for Snowman;)

I'll see you guys in a few months and pleeeease make sure it snows before 12/2.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm an athlete at the Olympic training center in springs as a weightlifter. I came from Portland snowboarding at meadows but all my gear is at home. I have been wanting to alpine for as long as i can remember but my dad would never go for it. Anyway i figured Colorado would have a lot of alpiners. I was wondering if anyone knows if you might be able to rent alpine gear in Colorado preferably near the major ski areas.

wannabealpiner, I'm pretty sure Bomber in Silverthorne has anything you'll need. Grab the number here and call Fin or Michelle.

Also, I know 'All Board Sports' in Boulder (ask for Bola) has a fleet of equipment, not positive he has rentals, but worth a call.

I'm NOT positive about either. I'm sure one of the regulars will jump in to give you the 'real deal'. Great Bunch in the area! Good Luck, you'll love it....

• 4 weeks later...

Lookin' like several of the LCI will be out on the 3rd and 4th with more available for the 5th.

D.T., myself and possibly Ice will be out on the 3rd.

There will be folks to ride with at Lovey this weekend. Big Mario, KarverKai and Concussed should be in for Sunday. Not sure when the Pink Pantser plans on showing up but was talked about at her last appearance at Lovey.

The snow is fantastic with most of the mtn open.

Ink

like Ink said, I'll be there Fri, Sat & Sun; the crew each day will vary.

i recommend having access to a wider board in case we have a bunch of soft stuff to ride in...

i/we will be upstairs in the lodge each morning at a table between the Wedge bar and the lockers. Or bottom of chair #1 at 8:30.

i'll PM you with my cell number just in case...