Note to New Members ×

Mini/Informal 2011 East Coast Meet?

CaRtharsis

What month do you prefer for a Sugarloaf visit?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What month do you prefer for a Sugarloaf visit?

• January 10-14 2011
    • January 17-21 2011
    • January 24-28 2011
    • January 31 - February 4 2011
    • Other time in February (Prices TBD, Post dates)
    • Other time in March (Prices TBD, Post dates)
    • March 20-25 2011
    • Some time in April
    • All these choices are too confusing / I have a fear of commitment
    • Skip Sugarloaf, lets do this somewhere else!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thunderdome shouldn't feel dissed. It should just know it is dissed. ;) :p :eplus2:

Hey, Show some respect!:D:ices_ange

I expect to do the rally on the last Sunday of Pres. week as usual. If you guys would figure that in to your scheduling so it doesn't conflict I'd appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...

Cartharsis, nothing personal as I don't know you, but nobody other than official ECES organizers are allowed to use the name "ECES" or "East Coast Expression Session" when dealing with any resort or for promoting an event. The people who do work on the real ECES work very hard at it, and deserve to retain control of the event's image. Thanks.

I think you understand this, as you did try to change the title of this thread. I've completed that for you now. Just wanted to remind you not to use the name with resorts.

Cool, sorry, when i saw the poll today it appeared under the original thread title. I know you had tried to change it. No worries, we just need to maintain consistency when communicating with resorts. Sugarloaf, Stowe, and Stratton know what the ECES is and we have a reputation with them. I'm actually not even attached to the name, but it's kind of a thing now.

"Mini East Coast Carving Alternative"....!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Seriously.. can't make that 20- hour drive...Stratton would be drivable...

Hell if Ding Bat can come up with lodging and lift rates...I could do a long weekend...

Go Ding Bat Go!!!

RSS

Anything for you Shred.;)

Want me to save you a seat in the Crazy Horse?:eplus2:

You can count on me and Aaron to organize from the Maine front. I will see what I can do on the slightly off-mountain lodging options. The sooner we can arrive at a date, more likely people with places to rent would be willing to dicker on prices. Perhaps, you, Ian, Tab, Aaron, me and whomever should look into a larger place to stretch the dollar for lodging. Email me at jdbonz@msn.com. Work has kept me busier than a one-legged rhino trying to put out a fire.

We could always look at Jay Peak for an alternative..great cheap digs to stay at and awesome conditions, people, beer, blah blah blah

Derek

• 1 month later...

Stratton is a good choice too. I really enjoyed riding there during ECES. There is a terrific mix of terrain! :D

I'm always curious about new places, though, and for us 'northerners' in Ottawa, it's the same distance to Sugarloaf or Stratton. If someone else organizes, I'll go where the people are. If I organize, I'll push for Sugarloaf.

I'm honestly a little sad that the majority voted for March time-frame... but I guess good things come to those who wait, right?