Note to New Members ×

Mini/Informal 2011 East Coast Meet?

CaRtharsis

What month do you prefer for a Sugarloaf visit?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What month do you prefer for a Sugarloaf visit?

• January 10-14 2011
    • January 17-21 2011
    • January 24-28 2011
    • January 31 - February 4 2011
    • Other time in February (Prices TBD, Post dates)
    • Other time in March (Prices TBD, Post dates)
    • March 20-25 2011
    • Some time in April
    • All these choices are too confusing / I have a fear of commitment
    • Skip Sugarloaf, lets do this somewhere else!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK everyone. If we are going to make this happen we need to get some more feedback. Earlier in the season works best for me due to work/travel/school/blah blah blah. Sugarloaf is fine as I've never visited and it appears from IanM's carving instructor thread there may be potential for instruction there for those of us who need/want it.

Either way I would like to accomodate as many people as possible as crowds bring fun and experience.

So lets get this rolling!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We've thrown out possible weekends and locations, like Sugarloaf and Jay Peak to make it easier for the Canadian Contingent. Jay has made some nice improvements, lodging is still reasonable and I've never been crushed by crowds. Can't say I've spent more than 2 minutes in a line.

We really need to get some serious buy-in to look at grabbing lodging.

For 3 day events, how about 2/4-2/6, 2/18-2/20 (at Jay because of school vacation) or first two weekends in March at Sugarloaf.

If the week event is still up for discussion, we need to make some commitments, quick. The smaller, 3 day events may be easier...

From Ottawa, the haul to Jay is about 4.5hrs, Sugarloaf is 6.5-7hrs.

Nothing like a thorough drenching of rain to reset priorities...who wants to ride together? This isn't about sweating all the details--pick a place and date --get some lodging, some discounts if we can, get in your vehicles and go...if you're there, great...if not oh well.

Many of us met people at ECES that we'd enjoy riding with again....we all want to be on the snow, if it works out great, if not don't sweat it.

We've thrown out possible weekends and locations, like Sugarloaf and Jay Peak to make it easier for the Canadian Contingent.

Thanks, man! It'd be great to come and ride with you guys :)

I'm flexible about dates; any week in February or March. My only issue is that I've committed to teaching every Sunday after Christmas, so weekend trips don't work for me. CaRtharsis and I were talking yesterday, and I said I'd be happy to do Tuesday-Friday at Sugarloaf - driving Monday and Saturday. His schedule is more difficult than mine, so I'll let him suggest a week if this works for him...

You said that you have a connection for $36 lift tickets, right? What kind of notice do you need for that?

Hope your rain has turned to fluffy white goodness!

Cheers :biggthump

sugarloaf takes me 20 hours. $36 sounds killer though. one of my favorite mountains. I was only at eces for a day, about 6 hours round trip. What time frame has cheaper weekly rentals? i had a rental for under 1000 that slept 12 so $100 per person for a week plus 36 lift tickets would be worth the drive. need a ny / nj border car pool though.

in summary whenever the cheap rental rates are in effect i wouldn't mind going. loved stratton too though.

ummm...the $36 would be nice...not sure where the number fell out of...we need at least 20 committed heads before we can wrangle some sort of group rate TBD...I can probably find some "bro" discounts here and there but best I can manage right now is the corporate rate which is better than nothing. Commitment to a time and place will make this work--we're going to have to just pull the trigger and get it done. For those going to SES...well...you're gonna be having more fun than the dreary old northeast anyhow...

Are you in northern NJ? Google says 8 ish hrs one way.

yes but i have to stop at every mcdonalds along the way for mcgriddles.

sorry im a lil retarded.

but yea, a 16 hour drive would have to be a 3 day trip atleast to be worth it. Too bad we dont have a graph where we could check all of the dates that work for us, then you take the dates with the largest overlap.

I am in - I don't really care where or when (except if it conflicts with the Southern Ontario Sessions - last Friday of Jan). Heck; I can even offer to help organise it.

If three Canadians in Ottawa arrange something for everyone State-side, does that mean in two years you will organise something in Canada for us?

• 3 weeks later...