Note to New Members ×

ebay and distorted realities

kieran

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Dutch local trade website, a bit more like Craig's List, but it's also owned by eBay, so I permit myself posting these neon beauties in this thread:

http://sport.marktplaats.nl/snowboarden/410553873-zgan-ups-hardboots-maat-39.html

Universe

Profiled

Snowboardboots

Asymmetrical :1luvu:

So I guess we have switched to riding znowboardbootz? ;)

A Dutch local trade website, a bit more like Craig's List, but it's also owned by eBay, so I permit myself posting these neon beauties in this thread:

http://sport.marktplaats.nl/snowboarden/410553873-zgan-ups-hardboots-maat-39.html

Universe

Profiled

Snowboardboots

Asymmetrical :1luvu:

So I guess we have switched to riding znowboardbootz? ;)

:1luvu:my 1st real snow boardboots bought in '90-'91, I loved them to death. Before that I used Merrel supercomps.

• 2 weeks later...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=130475056494&si=wTUmslKvr2MSiT3ZHlWpAQ6ieG0%253D&viewitem=

Two thoughts.

There are either some real high dollar players bumping up against each other or the seller is not likely to see the coin. Too often these , high dollar auctions are not completed.

post-198-141842332726_thumb.jpg

I couldn't get over the $400 to ship it to Spain. Maybe its the insurance.

Maybe shipping a snowboard across to another country really does cost that much.

It is both a hassle, high risk and costly. His offer to ship is likely high to compensate for all of the above. I have shipped to Europe, Japan etc , it is very expensive and time consuming. Shipped a Virus to Japan , it was over 200$

1st looser will likely get a "Second Chance" offer or the buyer will pay allot more than expected. I would have guessed it would top out at 1200-1500$ US. However, crazier things have happened. The "Back Story" is what really gets interesting. I think this is a pissing match. One party believing there is a shill involved. These get really ugly. I mean REALLY ugly.

Hope not, hope the guy just scored a win fall sale.

It is both a hassle, high risk and costly. His offer to ship is likely high to compensate for all of the above. I have shipped to Europe, Japan etc , it is very expensive and time consuming. Shipped a Virus to Japan , it was over 200$

yeah, it's weird how shipping is. it costs me less to send something to alberta than salt lake city. but then shipping to and from europe depending on what backwater country it may be will run between $70 to 250. totally ****ed.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...