Note to New Members ×

My stolen snowboard, be on lookout...

Sultan Guy

This seriously pisses me off! I wonder if he used your camera for the pics?

Nobody email or call the guy....he will just ditch the goods. Let Andy call the cops and they can set up a sting. Better HURRY though...that's a killer deal.

Does Andy know about the Ad? It seems he has not been active for three weeks. Has anyone emailed him?

I emailed Andy and tried to give him a call. Unfortunately the number I have for him seems to be disconnected. I may just go buy the board from the guy so that Andy's sure to get it back... I know from first hand experience that the police will be no help in recovering the board.

Not being able to find Andy the owner is a handicap. I would say give it a few days, then . . .

Someone from the Seattle area needs to contact "Clifford" and try to make arrangements to buy the board in person. Then immediately call the cops and see if they can meet you there. Make a printout of this thread to take to the police, along with a photo of the board.

When you call him try to dicker the price down a bit so he doesn't get too suspicious.

If no one can find Andy the owner there will be no way to convict "Clifford". In fact, the police may not even agree to come along based on the (still) anonymous post. But $120 (or less) for that board is a good deal.

If he agrees to meet with you, be sure to get as much of "Clifford"'s personal information as possible in order that someone might be able to pay him a nice, friendly visit in the future, and give him a just reward.

I just got a hold of Andy today and he is going to look into this. Hate to say it but most likely this guy did not steel it and is just a guy who bought it a while ago from the real thief. But I hope not as this would make some excellent "viewing pleasure" if this turns into a bust.

Good luck Andy!

I just got a hold of Andy today and he is going to look into this. Hate to say it but most likely this guy did not steel it and is just a guy who bought it a while ago from the real thief. But I hope not as this would make some excellent "viewing pleasure" if this turns into a bust.

Good luck Andy!

========================

The photo of only the bag, the lack of knowledge of the product by "Clifford", and the low price all tell me he is either the thief or selling it on behalf of the thief for a "commission". A smart investigator won't let this go. Charge him with possession of stolen property and see where it goes. Maybe probable cause to obtain a warrant to search his abode . . .that might just turn up a few other stolen items.

Certainly he's not a hardbooter, and only a hardbooter would have bought the board to begin with.

I'm just hoping that he hasn't gotten tipped off and unloaded the evidence.

========================

The photo of only the bag, the lack of knowledge of the product by "Clifford", and the low price all tell me he is either the thief or selling it on behalf of the thief for a "commission". A smart investigator won't let this go. Charge him with possession of stolen property and see where it goes. Maybe probable cause to obtain a warrant to search his abode . . .that might just turn up a few other stolen items.

Certainly he's not a hardbooter, and only a hardbooter would have bought the board to begin with.

I'm just hoping that he hasn't gotten tipped off and unloaded the evidence.

Can't wait to see how this ends. Me thinks Clifford will need a new telephone #, email address, and perhaps a new state supplied postal address.

Yeah, still in the same TOWN? The guy knows something...I don't buy the 2nd or 3rd buyer theory either...a real buyer/carver would had taken off the Bomber 2nd board kit and put other bindings on it... and maybe even change the stompad. It doesn't look like it was touched since it got ripped...

Interesting story/conclusion for my saga...

Last Thursday evening 1/3 I call "Clifford" to inquire about the board being advertised for sale. Did not identify myself, just asked general routine questions like "How old is the board?", "Why are you selling it?", and the always classic "Where did you get it from?". Clifford said he bought it a year ago from a relative and had actually never used it because it had "weird" bindings. :) Claimed it was about 3 years old total (not) and was worth $800. I told him I would think about it.

Then called the Sheriff and discussed my situation with a deputy. "Do you have a serial # or receipt?" he inquired. Nope. I said just give me your email and I will send you some web links. I emailed him the link to to this thread on BOL and the Craigslist ad. Also had a few more pictures saved. My original robbery report had listed a Prior 4WD blue snowboard.

Friday late morning I received a call from the Deputy who took my call Thursday. Said he had just called Clifford and was arranging to meet him later that day.

Friday afternoon I received a second call from the Deputy. "I have your snowboard at the precinct office!" :biggthump

He and another deputy went to Clifford's house (not the sharpest tool in the shed) and took a statement from him. Clifford confessed to buying it from a dude named Jesse. Deputy told me that Jesse and his brother who used to live in Sultan were linked to over 60 house breakins in WA, CA, and NV.

Apparently Jesse was apprehended in NV during a police chase during wheich he shot a gun at police. He is serving sentence in Nevada prison. :smashfrea

Due to the connection with Jesse, my original report, AND this thread the two Deputy's confiscated the board from Clifford. No cash to Clifford.

Today (Sunday) on my way back from a great day of carving I stopped by the precinct office. I like how they included Bomber on the proprty ticket. SWEET!

post-8173-141842379669_thumb.jpg

post-8173-14184237969_thumb.jpg

A HUGE THANK YOU to all the BOL forum members who assisted!!!:biggthump

This is a great example of the power of a community harnessed in a good cause.

Spread the word- Do not mess with BOL carvers! We will find your ass.:nono:

I wonder what else Clifford has listed on Craigs list or Ebay -- I bet this is not the only item he got from the Jesse guy.

====================

Probably quite a bit. And sold quite a bit of it, too. "Clifford" may not have been the sharpest tool in the shed, but at least he was smart enough to turn the board over without an argument and give a plausible explanation without convicting himself. He may have some ummm . . . past history in regards to these sorts of matters.

My guess is that "Clifford" is a familiar character to local law enforcement officials and has cooperated (i.e. snitched) often enough in the past to buy himself some leniency.