Snes 2010: 3/27-3/29

nekdut

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a great weekend!!!!!!!!!!!! We were planing on staying up only Sat, but I end up snowboarding on Sunday as well.

And it's all Aaron & Chad's fault: it was hard to separate from that board: my favorite of all!!!!

Great job Chad!!!

A special THANK YOU for all the people who put this together, both from BOL, non-BOL & the June Mt team.

Will look forward to see the pix!!

I had an incredible time with everyone. I've never been on one run with so many carvers :1luvu: I crashed after getting home late last night and didn't get to the pics. I will start posting tonight as I go through them. The big lens didn't focus so well so I'm going through them one at a time. Hopefully I took a few good picture for everyone to use as their new avatar :eplus2:

Just a sample:

http://forums.mammothmountain.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6518

Special thanks to Neil for organizing SNES 2010 and to June Mountain for hosting---thanks Carl. The midday groom and the timed GS course were great. What a fun group of people. What other group of sporting enthusiasts are willing to collectively share over 10K of equipment with one another? Not just share, but encourage other riders to give their stuff a try. AND most of the equipment was contemporary high end stuff. The true stoke of the alpine community was experienced at SNES 2010.

Another thanks needs to go out to Loc for being event-photo-man extraordinaire. Thanks Loc, and I look forward to seeing all the guys and gals ripping. It was good seeing old friends and meeting new. I hope we can ride again soon.

GC

Thanks to Neil, Loc and Carl for everything. It was great meeting so many new people! Also, thanks to each of you that put up with me and my rear toe clip:eek:

I could not have ridden all day without your help! Thanks to Rolf it looks like my little "issue" should be resolved this week:biggthump

Hi guys,

It was absolutely fun. Thanks again Neil and our cool mountain host Carl and the June Mountain team.

Thank you everybody for bringing out their good spirits and boards. Luca and I were hogging the "Hammerhead" Coda, I know. Everybody had their fare share in digging trenches on the best in class carving tools.

Chad- You are a great guy and your boards are fantastic. Thank you for letting me test the V-2 "fatty" this weekend in Mammoth. Lets hope for deep pow pow.

I really look forward to riding with you all again.

Gary, Neil, Andrea- I really hope to ride with you this weekend. I will shoot a PM.

How do you upload those pics from your hard drive...I always have trouble with that???

Chad- You are a great guy and your boards are fantastic. Thank you for letting me test the V-2 "fatty" this weekend in Mammoth. Lets hope for deep pow pow.

Gary, Neil, Andrea- I really hope to ride with you this weekend. I will shoot a PM.

Well with 120mph gusts right now, practically all of mammoth is closed right now.

tomorrow should lighten up. :biggthump

The weekend should be good for some trenches, June?

And it's all Aaron & Chad's fault: it was hard to separate from that board: my favorite of all!!!!

Great job Chad!!!

That board is so mine..... :boxing_sm

BTW We ended up calling it "The Hammerhead" due to its resemblance to the shark.

Chad- I think you will have 2 orders by this summer:biggthump

Bev is soo going to kill me :nono::smashfrea

I had a great time Sunday, I finally got to ride a Coiler.

Thanks Neil again for setting everything up.

John, Erwin and I had a good Monday morning session

going at Mammoth until I had to ruin it by sliding off a run

into a small group of trees. I didn't even make to the trees

as I was stopped by the end of a large tree limb sticking

up at a shallow angle. I hit a couple inches below my kneecap

and now have a tib/fib fracture.

I want to thank John and Erwin for everything. John called

the patrol right away and they got there quickly. Erwin loaded

all our stuff in my car and then picked me up at the hospital

then drove me home.

Going to an ortho doctor tomorrow and I got a felling he won't

let me ride on memorial day weekend.:)

George, I got the news from Erwin today at lunch. Hope your alright and heal quickly. If you need me to stand between Erwin and the Kessler I will do so until you are back on your feet---it is the least I can do for a fallen comrad:D Heal quickly.

George, I got the news from Erwin today at lunch. Hope your alright and heal quickly. If you need me to stand between Erwin and the Kessler I will do so until you are back on your feet---it is the least I can do for a fallen comrad:D Heal quickly.

Yes, I was tempted to ask George if I could borrow the Kessler during his recuperation period. But, that would just be tooo cold-hearted.

I can wait to be actively employed before I ride another Kessler --- which will be customized for me:eplus2:

George's 180cm Kessler is my new favorite board. It is an EC machine!!! It's too bad the timer for the race course was broke on Sunday. I really wanted to see if my race times improved with the Kessler. The race course runs I took on the Kessler definitely felt better compared to my Coiler Stubby, but the race course was also a little softer on Sunday.

Yes, I will probably be one of the yahoos that is willing to spend 75% more for that 5-10% improvement :p

George, sjees..That sucks. Get well soon. What is it with everybody fighting over all these awesome boards???:boxing_sm

Chad and George know that I am the only trustworthy person here, HELLOOOOHHH:ices_ange Chad already let me borrow one of his....

Be careful everyone, doing the Sonny Bono is no fun. Here is Bev's.