Note to New Members ×

Snes 2010: 3/27-3/29

nekdut

SNES 2010 is ON - June Mt., CA, March 27 through the 29th.

UPDATES - 3/23

1) Gunsmoke noon-groom: Confirmed. June will be staging groomers at the base of J4 so they can close the run to groom while we grab a bite to eat for lunch. It would be too challenging to shut down all of Shatzi so Gunsmoke is what we get, and no complaints there! :)

2) Snowboard stubbies, timing gates and launch poles on lower Sunset: Confirmed.

3) Board racks and equipment tables at the base of J4: Confirmed.

4) Equipment transport will be provided, both from the base to the lodge and to J4, however we need to coordinate a time to do this all at once. Please have all boards up to the chalet by 8:30am. J1 starts loading at 7:30am and we can use the equipment rack chairs if we are there early so we do not interrupt regular loading as other people arrive. There will be a snowmobile transport from the chalet to the bottom of J4 at 8:50am and a return trip at 3pm. This will be a 1-time transport each day, so please be on time for this. June is allowing us to store our equipment in the chalet over Saturday night so we do not have to bring everything back with us that evening.

5) Food: We can grab either the outside patio on the side, or the top floor for lunch that day. It does not look like a separate BBQ area can be set up for us since we can 100% confirm more than 10-15 people at this point.

6) Apres: Carl plans to have Antler remain open until 9pm, including some food service! They usually close at 5pm, and food stops at 3:30. We can and should certainly show our support for this great hill by spending our cash there after a good day of riding.

7) Group rates: $58 for 1 day, or $102 for 2. Look for the "Carver's Checkin" sign in the ticket office. Bring friends and family even if they do not wear hard boots!

Attendees:

Neil

Loc

Brooke

Thomas

Wolfman

George S

Gary J

G-Ben?

GDBoytyler

Hey John

Carvingchef

Frank Morales

Terry?

Tim Kienitz

Jak Hof

JJ Westervelt

Luc Monod?

King Crimson

Mohouck

Zetatre + 1

Gear swap tools:

5mm T-handle

Multi allen tool

Measuring tape

#3 Pozidrive/Phillips screw driver

Quiver share:

Madd 180 (nekdut)

Madd 170 Metal (nekdut)

Coiler Stub 166 (nekdut)

Oxbow World Cup 171 (wolfman)

Burton FP 171 (wolfman)

Donek GS 195 (wolfman)

Custom Donek FC 165 w/ Olympic construction (gdboytyler)

Oxygen Proton 149 (gdboytyler)

Proflex plate bindings (gdboytyler)

Head boots M24 (gdboytyler)

Coiler VSR 168 (Loc)

Prior ATV 171 (Loc)

Burton Ultra Prime 162 (Loc)

Le Mans m24 boots (Loc)

TD3 step-ins (Loc)

F2 Race TI Standards (Loc)

TD1 (Loc)

Coda (oldvolvosrule via carvingchef)

Sword (Frank Morales)

Hot Blast 183 (Tim Kienitz)

F2 Silberfeil (George S)

Coda 170 (George S)

Generics 156 (George S)

180 Kessler w'TD2's (George S)

CODA V0 Sidecarve (Mohouck, 170 cm, 19.5 waist)

CODA V0 metal Sidecarve (Mohouck)

CODA V0-xl convertible Sidecarve (Mohouck, 186 cm, 19.5 waist, can be ridden as mono also)

2x CODA V2 convertible Sidecarve (Mohouck, 170cm, 21.5 waist, can be ridden as mono also)

CODA 163 Sideways (Mohouck, freestyle board)

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Neil is this date for sure? Either way I have it on my calendar. The demos were nice last time, but seemed like a big pain to manage---only you can speak from experience on this. Carl has some great suggestions, mid day grooming, banquet etc. Limbo contest would also be fun, but we would need to work out something with a stand . Erwin and Tery would have to be banned for this event due to there extreem eurocarve prowess. :D

Can you ask Carl about setting up gates for a practice course one of the days? And does anyone have access to subbies that we could use for the event? Provided we can get permission to set a course. Sounds like a fun time with plenty of time to plan.

GC

Gary, Yeah these dates seemed to work out for most in the previous threads we had on this.

I think gates would be very doable, given that June already has a timed course set up on lower Matterhorn most days anyway. They usually have skier gates up, but I think Carl would be open to using snowboard stubbies if we are able to round some up.

As far as clinics, I'm not sure where to look for that. We could ask Snowperformance perhaps if there is enough interest.

Date is set. We had a couple threads previously to discuss the possible dates and this one seemed to work best for everyone. Also, June liked these dates as well. This is the official thread to discuss the actual details for the event, attendance, etc.

I'm heading over to June to talk to Carl right now.

Hi,

I will spread the word where possible. I think the mid day grooming, gates, BBQ and someone with a video and camera would be great. Might ask Carl if there is any staff at June that can do the video and camera. We could all chip in for that. I don't mind!!!!!!

What about having the stubby gates on shatzi vs. the current run?

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

Hi Neil

This all sound great! I'll be up on the 28th and 29th. Running the gates sounds like fun.

I think your list plus a BBQ would be perfect, I can help with the board sharing

(my boards were mostly designed for lighter riders though).

Neil,

Did you happen to talk to Carl about discount tickets? I still have my MVP Bring a Friend benefit I have not used and would be willing to do so to help out, but it takes a few days advance notice I think.

Perhaps we should start a running list of participants on this thread so we can get head counts for Carl. Let me know your thoughts and if there is anything else I can do to help out.

Carl verbally stated that he could offer group rates for anyone who shows up at the ticket window with hard boots and a carving board. Let me see if I can get that from him in writing, and exactly what the discount would be.

A few questions first:

1) Do y'all want a board swap/quiver sharing area? We could probably request a board rack and a stand/tools at the lodge or perhaps at the base of J4. We probably need to switch off manning this station however, to make sure none of our boards or gear wander off.

2) June probably wants us to spend our $$ on their food options so simply using their BBQ with our own food might be a bit tough to ask for. We could request an area set aside for us, and perhaps a set combo meal deal prepared at a certain time though. Thoughts/comments?

We should get a couple of lists going:

1) Attendance

2) Boards from our quivers we are willing to share

3) Tools/swag/etc? I'll have a bunch of random hardboot related stickers available.

What else? :)

Carl verbally stated that he could offer group rates for anyone who shows up at the ticket window with hard boots and a carving board. Let me see if I can get that from him in writing, and exactly what the discount would be.

A few questions first:

1) Do y'all want a board swap/quiver sharing area? We could probably request a board rack and a stand/tools at the lodge or perhaps at the base of J4. We probably need to switch off manning this station however, to make sure none of our boards or gear wander off.

2) June probably wants us to spend our $$ on their food options so simply using their BBQ with our own food might be a bit tough to ask for. We could request an area set aside for us, and perhaps a set combo meal deal prepared at a certain time though. Thoughts/comments?

We should get a couple of lists going:

1) Attendance

2) Boards from our quivers we are willing to share

3) Tools/swag/etc? I'll have a bunch of random hardboot related stickers available.

What else? :)

My preference would be indeed:

1. Board rack and stand (table) at the bottom of J4. Tools we could potentially bring ourselves( a few power tools, screw drivers, etc.). Little boom box to supply some tunes. I personally have no problem with manning the stand, we can come up with a little schedule spread sheet. As long as everybody is cool, we will all have our fair share of riding.

2. I have a few boards that I am willing to share, but I suggest to keep the driver's license as a security deposit for those who are not "members" of the group.

3. Food, I can totally understand that June wants us to spend money there. All the suggested options as a combo meal deal and a "private" seating area are my picks. To get some food at our stand we can send a few guys or girls down to the Lodge to get some drinks at least.

4. I got some random stickers too, we can also ask Fin for some stuff, maybe a banner for the stand from Bomberonline???