Note to New Members ×

Snes 2010: 3/27-3/29

nekdut

Definitely hyped for this event!!!

I think an Ipod is not a problem, many of us can bring those. Let me check on the boom box. I think I have one that takes batteries, it still has a cassette player too.:biggthump

I asked Fin for some swag for the stand, not sure if any of you already did that though.:D

It looks like we have plenty boards to test/ play with.

BTW as an addition to the gear swap tools I can bring a piece of carpet for the "assembly table".

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Top post updated with quiver share details:

Madd 180 (nekdut)

Madd 170 Metal (nekdut)

Coiler Stub 166 (nekdut)

Oxbow World Cup 171 (wolfman)

Burton FP 171 (wolfman)

Donek GS 195 (wolfman)

Custom Donek FC 165 w/ Olympic construction (gdboytyler)

Oxygen Proton 149 (gdboytyler)

Proflex plate bindings (gdboytyler)

Head boots M24 (gdboytyler)

Coiler VSR 168 (Loc)

Prior ATV 171 (Loc)

Burton Ultra Prime 162 (Loc)

Le Mans m24 boots (Loc)

TD3 step-ins (Loc)

F2 Race TI Standards (Loc)

TD1 (Loc)

Coda (oldvolvosrule via carvingchef)

Sword (Frank Morales)

Hot Blast 183 (Tim Kienitz)

Gear swap tools:

5mm T-handle

Multi allen tool

Measuring tape

#3 Pozidrive/Phillips screw driver

What else? Please add to this list

Top post also updated with potential attendees:

Neil

Loc

Brooke

Thomas

Wolfman

George S

Gary J

G-Ben?

GDBoytyler

Hey John

Carvingchef

Arclite?

Frank Morales

Terry?

Tim Kienitz

Jak Hof

JJ Westervelt

Luc Monod?

Who else? C'mon down! Bring your friends and family! :)

I might be around. Saturday is really unlikely be Sunday and Monday are definitely likely to be somewhat possible.

Music/ Boom box is taken care off, my old one takes batteries!!!:biggthump

So just bring Ipods or CD's!:D

Party on, Garth!!!

Let's gods are good to us and give us a fresh layer of snow and sunshine by the time we are there. Any responses from Tahoecarvers?

Checked out June Mountain's website today, unfortunately our event is not mentioned on the site: http://junemountain.com/events/index.cfm

Would have been nice. But of course I am not complaining, more fun for the peeps that do show up though.

Its a little hot, lets hope snow stays crusty. Most likely a bit icy in the morning, slushy in the afternoon.

This sounds like a great event! Thanks to everyone for working to put it together.

Neil, please count me in at June on Sat and Sun.

I will bring with me (although they don't all need to go up the hill)

CODA V0 Sidecarve (170 cm, 19.5 waist)

CODA V0 metal Sidecarve

CODA V0-xl convertible Sidecarve (186 cm, 19.5 waist, can be ridden as mono also)

2x CODA V2 convertible Sidecarve (170cm, 21.5 waist, can be ridden as mono also)

CODA 163 Sideways (freestyle board)

I also have an old Rossignol 166 Dualtech that has been ridden 4 days in the last 12 years :) it is totally for sale if anyone is interested (starting bid $50) :o

And I will have a host of CODA monoboards just in case anyone is interested in trying a different style of carving ;)

I will also be happy to spend time at the demo area. I can bring some tools up with me as well and I can also bring some other CODA stuff like DVD's and stickers.

I will bring with me (although they don't all need to go up the hill)

CODA V0 Sidecarve (170 cm, 19.5 waist)

Hey Chad, could I ask a favor?

Aaron's leaving his Coda with my dad (the 190)

I really want to try the V0 170 back-to-back with Aaron's 190.

Do you think you could lend the V0 to my dad this weekend? :o

Waiting to hear about a project this Wednesday that will determine whether I go or not, BUT... I was wondering where people were staying. I have a reservation at Ye Olde Econolodge in Mammoth (I'm a fan of their always-hot non-time-machine hot tub) but would be happy to help defray the cost of someone else's lodging if they had room. Also if someone is looking to share a room at the aforementioned Econolodge, I have the aforementioned reservation.

-- Greg

UPDATES!

Group rates are in: $58 for 1 day, or $102 for 2. There will be a sign at the ticket counter labeled "Carver's Checkin" or someone along those lines. I believe if some of you are riding later into the week, they would accommodate additional tickets at lower rates. These prices apply to friends and family too of course, so please bring anyone and everyone along!

Everything else is confirmed for Sunday as well: Gunsmoke groom, board racks, stubbies, board transport, etc. I'll go update the top post with all of the additions to the quiver share as well as attendees.

YES!!!!!!!!!! We'll be there...

We'll be snowboarding Saturday only, but we'll be there Friday night and Saturday night... We're gonna stay at the Whispering Pines Motel (it's on the other side of June, very close to the resort...) which, btw, it's $59 per night...

YES!!!!!!!!!! We'll be there...

We'll be snowboarding Saturday only, but we'll be there Friday night and Saturday night... We're gonna stay at the Whispering Pines Motel (it's on the other side of June, very close to the resort...) which, btw, it's $59 per night...

I might have to bail on Sunday too:( , but I really want to be there for Saturday. I will also drive up Friday, be there Saturday all day, have few beers and hopefully some bragging rights Saturday night before I return home. Whispering Pines sounds good from a price standpoint.:biggthump

I might have to bail on Sunday too:( , but I really want to be there for Saturday. I will also drive up Friday, be there Saturday all day, have few beers and hopefully some bragging rights Saturday night before I return home. Whispering Pines sounds good from a price standpoint.:biggthump

Oh yea: I forgot to metion the hot-tub & dry sauna included.... We've been there last time and it's a comfy place: rooms have a kitchenette but the TV has no remote :eek::eek:.... Nothing fancy :sleep::sleep:

Celine, with all the carvers that are up in that area I would think the majority of them are staying in Mammoth, I know that Andrea is and he is solo this weekend. I would think you could hook up with one of the other riders to give you a lift to June. You might want to pose you phone number here so people can get in touch with you. Just delete it after you arrange a ride.

If all else fails there is a taxi service in Mammoth and they do make trips to June. The cab is called Sierra Express, not sure what the rate is to run you to June though, give em a call760-924-8294

Hope everyone has a great time at SNES, ride safe!!

About to hop in the car!!!

I will be staying in Mammoth too, I can take 3 peeps with me from Mammoth to June in the morning tomorrow and back again in the afternoon, just buy me a beer for the ride.

Note we will leave Mammoth at 7 sharp to on time for the lift up with all our stuff.

Call me on my cell 818-294-9537.

See you all tomorrow!!!!

I got the boom box!!!!:biggthump

Just called the taxi company Sierra Express and they charge $60 to go from Mammoth to June. One way. So it would cost me $120 bones ...

I will be heading over to June around 7:15 or 7:30 tomorrow morning. You can give either Brooke, Wolfman or myself a phone call and one of us can give you a ride over there. Don't worry about taking a taxi! I'll send you my phone number via bomber email. :)

digdou: your email is not enable in Bomber so I wasn't able to send you my number. You can email me at my bomber username at gmail.com and I can give you a call, or you can try calling Brooke or Wolfman. Hope to see you tomorrow! :)