Note to New Members ×

Jackson Hole Rub In!

Jack M

I so wish. A 185 would do very well here. Some sick groomers.

groomers?

I guess that's my problem, I get out west to a place like JH and I think groomers are those patches of hard I cross getting to tree lines.

really nice place to ride though, even on trails. take some pics from the trees. IMO it's the prettiest ski area in the US. at least that I've been to.

Jack

thanks, I was back to JH two years ago, but it was mostly clouded in and couldnt see the mountain. your shots remind of the couple days I had there about 11 years ago, snow at night and blue bird during the day.

Plus to be able to see corbets. Took me a while to drop in being from PA, but it was a great expereince. Great to hear you are having a blast. and thanks for the shot.

Be safe

Whenever I've gone to the hole I've done a day at Targhee and always found it worth it.The Ghee always has more snow and the drive and scenery on the Idaho side is just as dramatic in it's own way.Just a thought

Great shots.Makes me want to go again as it's just a nine hour drive from me.Thanks!

Was @ JH from Jan 30 to Feb 5.

2 days of travel

4 days at JH

1 days at Targhee

It was an amazing trip. Almost every single run I was able to find some untrack stuff.

What a week. Powder, blue bird day, superb groomer, steep, trees JH got everything.

Full Moon:jhmoon.jpg

casper:

~2PM on the last day. Chopped up groomer with pow on top.

I chickened out and left the hard boot at NY. I forgot how much fun it is to ride powder/bump/tree.

dsc_5012.jpg

Got me belt buckle :)

skibigone.jpg

--

David

I actually ended up renting a Supermodel 68 and softies, which I used for 2.5 of my 4 days of riding. I was off-piste plenty, had an absolute blast. But even when I was on my Schtubby with hardboots, it did surprisingly well off-piste and in the trees too. There is some sick grooming in the morning. I was under the Casper lift today and a little kid on the lift yelled "hey there's the Casper Carver!" I didn't see him though. Money bags, not exactly. It was a deal and an opportunity we couldn't pass up. I'd be at the SES otherwise. This place is sick though. Most beautiful and best terrain I've been on.