Note to New Members ×

Sugarloaf carver on the site

GeoffV

Are my eyes fuzzy or does that toebail look "reinforced" and some sort of BTS looking design on the boot, cuff to boot instep.

It looks like he slid a pices of plastic or rubber tubing over the bail, to stabilise the boot side to side. I like that, might try it.

There was an extenside description of what he does with the boots in another tread. It included a (physical) section through the lower shell - very cool!

Are my eyes fuzzy or does that toebail look "reinforced" and some sort of BTS looking design on the boot, cuff to boot instep. This would be on the page that has the daily report.

I think the bail is just covered in somthing like a rubber of neoprene sleeve.

But yeah the boot think looks weird, and what boots??

I think that may be the last time I agree to have my picture taken...

TT, I think you may be one of the very few who call me Dr. Frankenboots. No dead tissue involved, and no villagers outside with torch and pitchfork, so I would say that tag is somewhat misleading. Besides, his creation soon destroyed him, and I am very much intact.

Pbonz, boots are Rossi/Lange plug boots. Tecnica's (NIB) are best used as flowerpots/landfill/organ donors.

The binding has a thicker midsection, with TD1 toe and heel pads. Red e-ring. Front toe flip bore is fairly worn, two sections of common fuel line keep it centered. I could buy another bail assembly, but first I need a few more jars of peanut butter.

DB, Many mechanical devices look 'weird' until you understand how they work.

BTS-like thingy is a means of incrementally limiting/permitting medial-lateral movement of the cuffs.

Picture of bindings and ensuing dustup located on thread titled 'metal magnets'

'hardbooters rule'=kind of puerile. A struggling industry hardly needs factionalization.

I think that may be the last time I agree to have my picture taken...

TT, I think you may be one of the very few who call me Dr. Frankenboots. No dead tissue involved, and no villagers outside with torch and pitchfork, so I would say that tag is somewhat misleading. Besides, his creation soon destroyed him, and I am very much intact.

Pbonz, boots are Rossi/Lange plug boots. Tecnica's (NIB) are best used as flowerpots/landfill/organ donors.

The binding has a thicker midsection, with TD1 toe and heel pads. Red e-ring. Front toe flip bore is fairly worn, two sections of common fuel line keep it centered. I could buy another bail assembly, but first I need a few more jars of peanut butter.

DB, Many mechanical devices look 'weird' until you understand how they work.

BTS-like thingy is a means of incrementally limiting/permitting medial-lateral movement of the cuffs.

Picture of bindings and ensuing dustup located on thread titled 'metal magnets'

'hardbooters rule'=kind of puerile. A struggling industry hardly needs factionalization.

touchy touchy

Those should be in that .doc

“Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires courage.” -Emerson

...more or less.

Watch it Beckmann, if you recall we do have video footage of you

I want to see the rocks flying through the air.

You posting or riding today? Get up here!
Waiting for a boot on the press to cool, may go out later.

Keep an eye out for Claude, he might need a bit of help with all that newness underfoot.