Note to New Members ×

What's with all the newbs?

photodad2001

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw someone at Whistler in '07 or '08 and started looking online. It just looked so cool. Now I have three boards and I am hooked. I was riding last weekend and got numerous comments in the lift line. One guy was so hyped up he pulled out his iPhone and showed his buddy videos on You-tube. I got to get the cards.

Hey teach, I'm in Philly too. Where do you ride? I will probably be going to Blue Mtn this Saturday. You?

Eric

Our sport is growing... embrace it... it's good for everyone involved

I only wish there was something like BOL when I started carving

... it would have saved me a lot of hassles

I find myself skipping over a lot of the newb questions when I check into BOL... but I/we shouldn't... even though the subject matter has likely been discussed here before. If you have good information based on experience or remember a past thread that would be helpful, share it. It's the reason BOL exists.

Where else can a person find equipment, information, and others to ride with?

This website is where carving starts for most people these days :biggthump

Are carvers going door to door recruiting like Jehovah's witnesses? Or do we have a recruiting station set up where they can trade in their spiked belts and bandanas for a precision board and hair cut? Just saying there's been a lot of "Hi, I'm new to carving" posts in the last week. Is it the time of year?

Walmart and grab people and say"you're coming with me''.Actually, I got nothin.It is strange that we seem to be turning some sort of corner of acceptance.

actually it's gonna be long hair, spiked belt, bandana, ipod set to repeat Muse-uprising....and a precision board. Welcome to the new school dad. :eplus2:

I don't see how they ride with so much stuff on. Even when I was a young jibber I kept my pants up, knees together, neoprene face mask only if needed, and definately no wires. Tried wearing head phones once, hated it. (of course the stuff was considerably bigger and heavier back then and it was either listening to AM/FM radio or listening to a cd skip the whole way down... that or a casset)

Are carvers going door to door recruiting like Jehovah's witnesses? Or do we have a recruiting station set up where they can trade in their spiked belts and bandanas for a precision board and hair cut? Just saying there's been a lot of "Hi, I'm new to carving" posts in the last week. Is it the time of year?

Is that a problem?

That's a good thing:biggthump

"Your status is based on the number of posts you've made. Just respond with LOL or +1 to a bunch of other people's posts and you'll work your way up the ladder."-Photodad2001

Just remeber, post count is not necessarily an accurate representation of skill level. Internet snowboarding can sometimes get overly opinionated and rambunctious. There is lots of good info shared on here and lots of b.s. also, usually not to hard to deciminate between the good and the bad. Welcome to Bomber!

Think Snow!