Sidewinder Unveiled

big canuck

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Beautiful! I have to say, a snowboard rig with moving parts is a thing of beauty.

That said, some things were unexpected.

Why is there no adjustability in the roll stiffness? I'm surprised that it's dictated solely by the durometer as opposed to some such as a shim to preload the E-Pads.

Edit: Furthermore, the design lends itself to this. It's not mounted like a guitar pickup, there doesn't appear to be any native compression when you're standing in the neutral position.

No step in version....? Dude, I'm fat and cannot bend over!!! Is that coming down the pipe?

Pitty, but this would be of no use since the heel of the boot is fully standing on the adapterpins and doesn't have any movement. The the front of the boot is also fully fixed by the intec frontbail. So no USD to spend here this season.

A steel reciever block built as the pivot plate should be easy enough, simple & secure:biggthump like Canuk, I don't like bending over or stepping in heel first, so even if I had the $$ I'd wait for the stepin version.

Nice work the tech & bling factor is over the top:biggthump

Hi Fin

The SideWinders look just excellent!

Interesting how some of the bests ideas seem so simple ... after someone else has spent a billion hours working and thinking about it!

Feels a bit like the old Emery Surf bindings from years ago have just been reborn with sound design, engineering and beautiful craftsmanship! Our small alpine world or riders is lucky to have Fin and his team working hard for all of us.

Question - Is it possible for one of the Bomber staff to post an exploded view of the Sidewinder, it isn't clear to me how the E-Pads are changed.

Enjoy your time off!

Rob

PS - It will be interesting to see if the SideWinder ends up on the podium in 2010?

Pitty, but this would be of no use since the heel of the boot is fully standing on the adapterpins and doesn't have any movement. The the front of the boot is also fully fixed by the intec frontbail. So no USD to spend here this season.

Did i missunderstood how front part works? I tought that red part will swing right to left? so front should not limit it working with step in.

So bolting standard step in above that rear red plate would allow it also swing. And only thing to worry is to take care of height difference between front and rear parts, or?

Did i missunderstood how front part works? I tought that red part will swing right to left? so front should not limit it working with step in.

So bolting standard step in above that rear red plate would allow it also swing. And only thing to worry is to take care of height difference between front and rear parts, or?

I think the front part isn't a problem with the stepin version. But how can we manage the height of the rear/back part with the intecreceiver? Because there has to be some cushoning under too otherwise the system has no use.

It looks to me that it would require a new heel reciever...

a) One that bolts on top of the existing red part (which doesn't have the holes to recieve the additional part), or

b) One that would repalce the red part and would have the anchor swivel points at the bottom, just like the red part...

Option A would cause height difference between toe and heel pat, so another shim would be needed under the bottom of the toe contraption.