Note to New Members ×

L.c.i. '09 - '10

D.T.

Ok, you're both on new rides. Thoughts?

173cm VSR:

Likes to be ridden hard. Rides longer than it is. Never ran out of edge. Turn shapes are unlimited. Can ride race style or surf style with awesome performance or just tip it from edge-to-edge. Tail is significantly stiffer and more poppy than the Monster - my fat ass was catching air during transitions. My back leg got a lot more of a workout than it is used to because of the tail stiffness. pcdenver and I were killin' Richards & Switchback yesterday then Richards & Roulette today. :biggthump No issues with the the stair-steps or rollers. Conditions were decent with chunky spots,bullet proof spots, and man-made spots. Lay hard into a carve, go over a roller, apex in the crap, the board wouldn't even shudder. The VSR has the performance of a metal board with the snap of a glass board.

Even though the VSR is meant to be a freecarve board, it would run slalom gates with no issues. Not as stable at higher speeds as the Monster; well no sh!t, it has less taper. I'll have to check with the mad scientist and see what the sidecut radii are again (edit: SCR 9.9m/12.7m/12.0m). :o My 173 was turning significantly tighter than pc's 177 with me just tipping it and pc driving the piss out of his. PC will have to post his radii specs.

VSR and Monster are night-n-day different; a perfect balance for each other...

I think I have found my quiver in these two boards. :eek:

I can't believe I just said that...

Bruce - you are a f@#king genius.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D.T. you look solid, whats the gripe?

i'm an elitist web carver. luckily i was able to shell out big bucks for a fancy-schmancy custom metal board and even more for private lessons on a private hill prior to that video being shot, otherwise i might have embarrassed myself.

anyone know where i can get a custom roof rack built to fit my new Mercedes G55 AMG?:p

i'm on a 177 coiler VSR

11.5, 14.2, 13.2 made to spec: 6'2", 235 pounds

. . . wait a sec, that's 5'2", 135 pounds

i've also got joel p's old 177 classic, 13.2

both with 19 waists

so . . . both hold across the hill exceptionally well

the VSR hooks easily into turns, making a run where

i usually use 2/3 of the hill now i can use 1/2 (richards)

both are stable at speed, but i'm not as comfortable on the VSR

yet. i like the size of the 177, like having that much board beneath me

bottom line: quality products, super stable, no complaints

still getting used to the VSR

bruce: if you're reading this, charge at least $100 more. folks

will still buy them, and you can get in more golf time

Great stuff but I have 1 request.\

Can you list the riders and what Gear they are on, Boot and boards??

In the early nov vids I am on a 186f2 speedster, in the later vids I am on a virus vampire built for a bigger rider. Deluxo suzukas w/bts blue toe/red heal. All of the riders in the vids are listed by their bomber names each time you see them, or the first time you see them in each video.

mario

Great stuff but I have 1 request.\

Can you list the riders and what Gear they are on, Boot and boards??

Me: 1st vid - BS 178 race stock, TD1, and AF 700

2009.12.13 KarverKai: Lamar Dragon 90, Flow Micro, and Darth Vader boots

Me: 160 Rossi dualtec, TD1, and AF 700

Me rest of vids - Vintage Wild Duck 181, TD1, and AF 700

Ink

• 3 weeks later...

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eVThIes_lw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eVThIes_lw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

• 2 weeks later...

It's finally here... ROD-LLC.com is finally up and live. Much work needs to be completed but it is well underway. Take a look, be gental with the needed changes and "Use the Store!" Oh and I need some Testimonials!!! So get to work!

See you guys on Sunday!

Ts

PS Pete looks like your riding short... thought you'd be on a metal 184. LoL

• 3 weeks later...

KarverKai with his first day up at Loveland Basin getting ready to participate in the LCS3 on 27Feb10. Hopefully KK will be on plates next weekend.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzu6K_ZfGas&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzu6K_ZfGas&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ink

Too cool!!

Mini Ripper!!

Hi has great balance and a proud papa. :biggthump

Thanks Bryan, KK had a great time. He still has a bit of trouble going from heel to toe but is real close to getting them linked up.

Yes, he does have a proud papa, but I loved hearing him say how proud of himself he was. I can't wait for this next weekend. :)

Ink

• 3 weeks later...

First day riding the Virus and first day linking turns down the mtn.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoDboXGYig8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoDboXGYig8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Thanks Big Mario, Greenleaf, Eric the Red and James for riding with the little man. He can't wait to rip up the entire mtn with the LCI.

Ink

"Most Excellent" What a blast!! Thanks for the crazy cool video of Kai!!

Bryan

Thanks Bryan!

KK was really stoke to ride with the boys finally. Eric was shooting vid also. Hopefully he will post it and it will be a bit cleaner. Mine was shot on my phone while riding backwards on an SL board.

KK adapted to the stance change quite well as the Virus is about 3cm narrower than his freeride board. He was still in his softies and flows since we don't have plates or Full Tilts http://fulltiltboots.com/boots/growth_spurt_boys yet.

Ink