Note to New Members ×

Best Tuner!

Ear dragger

I have heard that Virus boards are hard to tune, And all hell can break loose if they are not done right. Sean (originally from the Starting Gate, now at Equipe sport) tuned my board and it is amazing! I rode that thing on solid ice and it performed incredibly! The structure is very uniform with no interruptions. :biggthump Don't bother with the starting gate anymore (still good boot fitters though), Equipe is the new spot for a proper tune.:eplus2:

I tell you what.

Precision Ski & Golf in Frisco CO did a great job on my Virus Chimera.

I got a race tune with a linear structure that looks great, edges are nice and sharp.

The best part about it is they only charged me the price for 1 ski since its a Skwal.

Only $32 for a stone grind & race tune.

Can't beat the price or quality.

Going to be taking all my boards there at least once this year.

I've gotten my boards tuned at both Equipe at Stratton and Precision in Frisco - and I've gotta say that they're both top notch shops.

I dropped off my Virus at the last minute on saturday afternoon this weekend and equipe had it ground, structured, and sharp for me the very next morning. The staff there are SUPER cool, ridiculously accommodating and they do excellent work ... besides which, you can't beat the location. After Sean's tune from Equipe my Virus was gripping the ice so powerfully that my wussed-out early-season quads had to work triple-time managing to manage the g-forces -- I'm pretty sure my board could carve trenches down a slab of solid marble now! ... if I could only get myself in as good a shape!

It HAS to be #1... right???!..why else would I shell out $110 for a frikkin' tune?????!

I would have to be a complete moron or a yankees fan if it wasn't the best....

( I thought it was going to still be around $80 before I got the bill....OUCH! )

For that much, Mike needs to put more alpine snowboard pics on the website....

+1 on that. He has forgotten more about wax and structure than most will ever know.

Bluebird up there, hope your getting out Chris. Should be pretty damn good today.

Yep CD, another crappy day in paradise. I was so beat from yesterday that I was sort of dragging today, but the mountain was beautiful. We only lasted a few runs. Been getting up much Jer? hope so:D