Note to New Members ×

Haber Goggles

AaronG

They sponsored the '08 ECES and floated Geoff and I a pair of goggles each. They're very nice. The ones we got are better for a sunny or bright day as they are significantly darker than say Oakley persimmon lenses, and they are polarized. But they're not so dark that I feel like changing goggles if the clouds roll in. On a snowy or flat light day, I'll wear my Oakleys. Otherwise they are comfortable and they do not fog. The materials, fit, and finish are high quality.

image.php?u=5&dateline=1255705077&type=profile

D and I both have 'em, I like them for med to bright days, they are polarized and cast an eeerie blue light off of your head if you are wearing them and some one films you, kinda cool. Fit and finish are tight, no fogging on the temperate slopes of our local mountain. Buy 'em, you won't be disappointed.

mario

I rep these googles and glasses in Oregon. I think you will find them to be a great google. It you can afford it buy one pair and pony up for another lense color to meet all your needs for light conditions. Make sure to pick a google based on your face size. I use the med-large face sizes. They fit snug and fogging is not a problem. You are also able to get the Eliminator fan if you feel fogging is an issue, but definitely not needed.

My code is FISHON. This will give you access to the best pricing. Feel free to pass the code on to others who may be interested. Also email me at shanetgroshong@yahoo.com if you have any further questions.

Thanks, Shane

Based on the reports that they are great goggles for sunny conditions and that I live in Southern California where it is always sunny I ordered a pair of Rivas. Jack, it appears that you are wearing Rivas in your pic, am I correct. I do have a long face so they should work out well. Thanks guys!!

Mario, just finished tonight with a three hour mtn bike ride, (6:30-9:30pm) completely in the dark. I love the new LED lighting systems!! I burned my handlebar light for the duration and still had 1.5 hours left on the meter. I ride with a helmet light also and that had plenty of juice. Riding the trails at night is a whole different experience, so are the noises that you hear in the bushes next to the trails!! Try it sometime,

Riding the trails at night is a whole different experience, so are the noises that you hear in the bushes next to the trails!! Try it sometime,

Aaron,

I have about a half a dozen 24 hr races under my belt, Clydesdale class of course, as well as many associated training rides, pebbles become boulders, roots cliffs, and rabbits mountain lions oh my. I have early light and motion halogens, but I have not been out at night in a few years, I have been saving my legs for the slopes.

mario

:biggthump

As Jack indicated they sponsored our 08 ECES and I'm hoping they will come through again for our 2010 event.

I like them, the polarized lenses are great on bluebird days and flat light. When it's snowing they are a tad to dark, I switch to an orange lense.

I have the Prima's

I have had mine for three years, added the automatic fan two seasons ago, very cool. Steve Haber's old company was Bolle' perhaps you've heard of them....After selling that, this new gig uses a virtual storefront to keep costs down and to sell direct to us. It is all high quality gear at lower than expected prices. As always take advantage of sales and discount codes which are available from time to time.

I have a pair. I like the polarization. However, the lens tint causes a red/orange sheen on many things that is not very appealing to me.

For instance, black lift chair pads take on a red/orange sheen on sunny days. I'd prefer more of a grey or brown tint.

I have a pair. I like the polarization. However, the lens tint causes a red/orange sheen on many things that is not very appealing to me.

For instance, black lift chair pads take on a red/orange sheen on sunny days. I'd prefer more of a grey or brown tint.

Which lens gave you that tint? I have been thinking about a pair of these since I trashed my Smith goggles last year.

What do you guys think about the Eliminator? Has anyone tried using that on other brands of goggles?

I bought one of these - it did not fit in my goggles (VonZipper Feenom) and although their site claims a high degree of compatibility with many brands- you're going to need a goggle with plenty of room inside for these to fit. It was a lot wider than the inside of several pair of goggles that I own.

I also have a pair of Smith Prodigy Turbo fan goggles. Just from playing around with the Eliminator, I would say it moves very little air compared with the Smith Turbofan system, so It is probably going to be less effective as a defogger in that sense. I went with the smith system last year and found it to work pretty well, I only fogged up in extreme circumstances.

The smart thing that Haber has done with their system is put the battery IN the goggle ... with the smiths you have a batter pack that is loosely attached to the goggle strap ... not very nice. The battery pack is not really securely attached to the strap, it can easily come loose. The wiring on mine eventually wore out from the battery pack moving around too much. Smith has not done a good job designing this fan system, there are better ways to do it.

I'm going to try and skip the fans this year, because I really like the VZ Feenoms and I got rid of some armor that was causing me to sweat and fog up : but if I had big problems with fogging, I would still favor the Smith system over the Haber system I think, just because the smiths move so much more air through the goggle.

Slightly off topic:

That said, I realized last spring that I only fog up at the bottom of the run and on the lift: because you aren't moving and so there is no air circulation in my goggles. This year, I'm just going to make sure to fan my face with a lift map at the bottom of the run and on the chair if I'm feeling like I'm starting to heat up too much.

Haber Savings

For the next 3 days Now through Sunday November 8th

Haber's combination of virtually unbreakable Trilon™ frames and Carbolite™ high impact lenses make the Bormio a great choice for active people. It doesn't matter whether you're sitting by the lake or driving in your car, this model delivers with style and protection.

With 65% savings this weekend, get yours for $42. (msrp $120)

Use promo code FALL60 to receive 65% savings

One code per order

Shop Now at

HaberVision.com 1-800-621-4381

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a pair of their Prima goggles with optic orange lenses. Evidently these lenses are intended for low light conditions.

I ordered & received some new lenses - their "crimson" replacement lenses that are intended for a wider range of light.

These new lenses are intended to fit their top end "Highline" goggles as well as the Prima model. The Prima model comes with cylindrical lenses. The Highline lenses are spherical. So, for $22.50 I upgraded to spherical lenses and have the cylindricals available for low light days.

Overall, I'm pretty please with the quality of workmanship and their customer service.