Note to New Members ×

Mt Hood Timberline Reports 2009-2010

scubaree

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bottom of the seat tips forward so they can dump the snow off of it, there is a little safety latch that is supposed to be clipped to the back of the seat. I decided to clip my back foot in with my right hand while holding onto the back of the seat with my left. This particular chair never had the safety latch clipped on, so when I snapped my boot in the seat lifted up and dumped me out. Luckily I landed face down like a gingerbread man so the impact was spread out over my entire body. It really freaked the lifties out, they made me sign a bunch of waivers. I kept riding but could barely move the next day. I'm a fan of chairs with safety bars.

<object width="660" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDkHhl5Xvw4&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDkHhl5Xvw4&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="405"></embed></object>

The bottom of the seat tips forward so they can dump the snow off of it, there is a little safety latch that is supposed to be clipped to the back of the seat. ....

That's bizarre! I don't remember ever noticing a chair that tips forward - all the ones I've noticed are hinged at the back. Apparently for a good reason!

THose hinged at the back can be slammed against the seatback to bust off the crusted ice, if the liftie is reasonably quick or has a helper for the first few laps in the morning. If the liftie doesn't deal with it, the riders can give it a slam while disembarking at the top. I like to flip up the seat at the top on the last ride so the liftie doing it can catch a little break. They always seem to appreciate it.

Bryan - Sorry I didn't make it down last weekend. We had a couple of trees damaged in a windstorm last week and the garage door spring broke the same day, so I had extra chores to deal with. 'Fraid I'm done for the season. See you next year, I hope.

The snow report sounded a bit iffy. Sprinkles and cloudy all the way up, nearly to the parking lot. Then clear blue sky!! Very light turnout too!! Couple inches of new. Palmer opened. Nice day!! Randy K was the only other alpine rider I saw , although I did see a guy with a Kessler BX board and his friend could really carve their softies.

post-198-141842315965_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842315968_thumb.jpg

After 10 weeks I feel like im just getting back into riding.:o

You will have to tell me about what all happened some time. Rob used to race, like 10 years ago. I had hoped he would make it up today, but didn't. I made plans for Wednesday so I can go. I have a video from today I can post in a few minutes. Randy King was nice enough to operate the camera , so I have some segments of me actually riding :freak3:

Still allot of chair lift footage, hoping it will be of interest to someone. Perhaps those that have not been up to Timberline's Palmer or maybe some of my old friends like Ed that would like a little reminder.

<object width="660" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfv9cOtapaQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfv9cOtapaQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="405"></embed></object>

Sunny and soft, good day for back seat driving. the mile was too sticky by noon. Young dude got arrested and cuffed at the base of Normans by an armed sheriff:eek: Lifty said he had been poaching and causing problems all season. didn't see any other HBer's.

post-1371-141842315995_thumb.jpg

Sunny and soft, good day for back seat driving. the mile was too sticky by noon. Young dude got arrested and cuffed at the base of Normans by an armed sheriff:eek: Lifty said he had been poaching and causing problems all season. didn't see any other HBer's.

Nice trenches!

Might head up to TLine one day over the weekend of May 22-23 if the weather holds. Then again might way till they start opening earlier, so it's firmer longer.

another great day, got softer a little sooner though. Palmer and the mile got soft early, but still very ridable until around 11. they had the left side of the mile groomed all the way to the western boundry. Sweet. If the weather continues to warm up, waiting for the early opens would be a good idea. Traffic has been light until about 10:30 when the parkies start to show up, but the are mainly down on Normans.

Had a ball @ timberline this weekend. My ruts from Friday were still present on Sunday. Will be back up memorial weekend so let's hook up. Also want to remind all you hoodsters that we will be hosting a alpine boarder session Feb. 21 -27 at Schweitzer Mt. Sandpoint, Id. One hour early load privledges, boarder gates on Nastar course, discount lift & lodging, and other events. Please come and make some ruts with us.

Nuther nice day. Saw someone on a Tinkler. Might get a few more days in this season, but if not was a great way to end the season.:biggthump

Galen, my guess is that was Randy King. He is an old friend of Mike's and had that full TNT system board built a year or so ago. Super nice guy, sorry you did not get a chance to meet him. Glad you and your's had a good time at Tline.

Had a ball @ timberline this weekend. My ruts from Friday were still present on Sunday. Will be back up memorial weekend so let's hook up. Also want to remind all you hoodsters that we will be hosting a alpine boarder session Feb. 21 -27 at Schweitzer Mt. Sandpoint, Id. One hour early load privledges, boarder gates on Nastar course, discount lift & lodging, and other events. Please come and make some ruts with us.

Cool!! What were the conditions like? MHM closed for the season Sunday. It will start to pick up at the end of the month. Then in June it will go crazy busy as the camps get fired up.

Great meeting and riding with you couple weeks ago!! Bryan

Epic day yesterday!! (thursday) Near perfect snow and beautiful blue sky. My personal best day of year! only 17 days left on the season pass!! Then a short rest and onto summer boarding! Yup life is good!!

Glad to hear you got a good carving day in Rob!! Timing our days has been tricky with all the new snow over the past month. Love to do another Mon, Tuesday , Wednesday and possibly a Thursday before our passes expire.

Sounds like you liked your new board too!! All good stuff!!

• 2 weeks later...

Looks a bit soggy today (Sunday) , tough to gauge conditions between storms. Anyone considering Monday?

Did you fellow pass holders see the "Free Day" offer? Sweet deal. I might get one more day in yet!!

GET A TASTE OF SUMMER SKIING & RIDING AT TIMBERLINE WITH

ONE FREE LIFT TICKET!

Come to Timberline anytime between June 1st and June 14th.

Present your season pass* at our Mtn Services desk in the Day Lodge.

We will issue you a FREE day ticket for your use on that day!

Only 1 ticket per pass holder. Ticket must be used on day of redemption - cannot be saved for future use. Ticket must be used by pass holder - no gifting or reselling the ticket. Season Passes will not be accepted at the lift - you must get a daily lift ticket.

*The following 09/10 Season Passes are eligible for this offer:

Winter Fusion Pass, Spring Fusion Pass, Winter Timberline Pass (Full or Weekday Plus),

You will have to tell me about what all happened some time. Rob used to race, like 10 years ago. I had hoped he would make it up today, but didn't. I made plans for Wednesday so I can go. I have a video from today I can post in a few minutes. Randy King was nice enough to operate the camera , so I have some segments of me actually riding :freak3:

Still allot of chair lift footage, hoping it will be of interest to someone. Perhaps those that have not been up to Timberline's Palmer or maybe some of my old friends like Ed that would like a little reminder.

<object width="660" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfv9cOtapaQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfv9cOtapaQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="405"></embed></object>

Riding starts at 3:30 mark.