Note to New Members ×

Mt Hood Timberline Reports 2009-2010

scubaree

logo.png is on sale

<TABLE id=rounded-corner summary="Mt. Hood Fusion Pass Prices" border=0><THEAD><TR><TH class=rounded-company scope=col>Age</TH><TH class=rounded-q1 scope=col>Sep 8 – Oct 31</TH><TH class=rounded-q2 scope=col>Nov 1 – Nov 8</TH><TH class=rounded-q3 scope=col>Nov 9 – May 31</TH></TR></THEAD><TFOOT><TR><TD class=rounded-foot-left colSpan=4>Children 6 and under – $50 with purchase of Adult pass. Seniors 71 and over – $50.</TD></TR></TFOOT><TBODY><TR><TD class=left>Adult (Age 23 – 64)</TD><TD>$449</TD><TD>$475</TD><TD>$575</TD></TR><TR><TD class=left>Teen (Age 15 – 22)</TD><TD>$349</TD><TD>$375</TD><TD>$475</TD></TR><TR><TD class=left>Junior (Age 7 – 14)</TD><TD>$249</TD><TD>$275</TD><TD>$375</TD></TR><TR><TD class=left>Senior (Age 65-70)</TD><TD>$249</TD><TD>$275</TD><TD>$375</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Conditions report. Timberline opened today!

WIND: NE @ 1-12 mph

NEW SNOWFALL (in past 24 hours): 10 in.

SNOWFALL (in past 72 hours): 18 in.

BASE DEPTH: 24 in.

ANNUAL SNOWFALL: 50 in.

ROAD CONDITIONS: Plowed

NOTES: WE'RE OPEN TODAY!!! Limited, with early season lift access on Pucci and Bruno's 9am until 3:30pm.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Sunny and cold. Soft groom over HARD pack, very nice. Got to explore the Jeff Flood lift for the first time. Kruzer is pretty fun, the upper part is some sweet bank riding.:biggthump Tomorrow looks the same.:)

Thanks for the update Galen, talked to Ross, I think he and his family are going up next Sunday. Sunday's are not nearly as busy there as at MHM?

I think we have a week of clear, sunny and HARD. Sure glad we have the base to use up. Are any rocks popping up yet?

Did you get through to Jim?

"Jeff Flood" definitely adds allot to the ski area. Nice that it is lower and a LONG high speed chair too.

Have fun!! Photos please, (not of you :freak3:, your family riding and Tline :biggthump ) :rolleyes:

Didn't notice much in the way of rocks on the groomed runs. Havent been able to get a hold of jim yet. I'll try and get some pics tomorrow. Just me and PBF(Princess Brat Face). I think I'll be coming down a couple week days every week until I get some digs nailed down. See ya around:)

• 3 weeks later...
me and the bratties are going tue-thur. Sounds like pow! we may go to skibowl on tues as it sounds like it will be a lot less windy, and I really love the outback on pow days. Woohoo!

Cool, did you find a place to rent??

Have fun!! Post a report on the Skibowl updates would you??

Did you buy a "Fusion" pass then?

Sunday is a bust for me I have to get a tree :smashfreaand since there has been no new snow don't really feel like riding the ice:freak3:

ICE?? I don't think so. Lots of fresh on the way Dude!! Just go cut down one of the trees in your yard and tell them "HERE, go decorate THIS" (says the bachelor to the married with children guy)

I have another short question for the Inspector?? Pretty please???

Cool, did you find a place to rent??

Have fun!! Post a report on the Skibowl updates would you??

Did you buy a "Fusion" pass then?

Got a condo on the golf course in Welches, cant check in until the 4th. Yup, we all got the Fusion, I'll probably get mid week passes for MHM for me and Ariel as we will be up here the most. Mario Schooling full time and Sylvan working part time. Where did I go wrong? :lol:

Sunny, good groomers early, but suddenly got real crowded on the lower mt around 10:30. Got on the Mile, was good until about noon when it got very soft. Was 44 in the parking lot when we left, 34 down at Govvy. Nice inversion layer! Tommorow should be much the same.

• 2 weeks later...

Whoowee!

I wasn't expecting much when I went up on a last minute whim today, but managed to get up to T-line early enough for first tracks.

Was the second person in line at Stormin' Normin' when they opened it. Cut boarder's right at the top and took on Kruzin. Oh. My. God. Hero cord all the way down. Probably one of the best mornings I've ever had on Hood. Proceeded to attack Stormin' Normin' and Mustang Sally all morning, whoopin' and hollerin' the entire time like a fool. :1luvu:

Of course, the fun stopped once the crowds arrived and the surface got all tracked out, still managed to find some smoother areas under the lifts. Around 11:30 the rain started and that's when I decided to call it quits.

Usually I'm a MHM kinda guy, but man, this morning at T-line was an eyeopener. I think that T-line does a better job of grooming, there were no grooming ruts or shelves in sight.

Sam.

My Coiler AM metal 177.

Man it was sweet.

I had picked up enough confidence after run #2 that I felt like the board was a little too tight for me, turning radius wise... almost made me want to try that pure race of yours again.

Oh, and I picked up that rad air tanker 192 from Brent btw... should be coming tomorrow! :eplus2:

I've been pleased with T-Lines grooming this year also. Have found it to be better and more consistant from one run to another then Bach was last year. I'm starting to warm up to the place. Bryan, how's MHM been? Thinking about getting a mid-week pass for there. Ariel, Silvan and I will be at T-Lne tues-thurs.:)

My Coiler AM metal 177.

Man it was sweet.

I had picked up enough confidence after run #2 that I felt like the board was a little too tight for me, turning radius wise... almost made me want to try that pure race of yours again.

Oh, and I picked up that rad air tanker 192 from Brent btw... should be coming tomorrow! :eplus2:

Cool!!

Yes, you definitely need to try some full on alpine boards.

Good purchase from Brett!! Well done!!

I've been pleased with T-Lines grooming this year also. Have found it to be better and more consistant from one run to another then Bach was last year. I'm starting to warm up to the place. Bryan, how's MHM been? Thinking about getting a mid-week pass for there. Ariel, Silvan and I will be at T-Lne tues-thurs.:)

Yes, the new runs really help too. I have not been up to MHM during the Holidays, so far this year they have had some good days and some bad.

I would dare say they are on par with Bachelor or maybe better considering our snow is not typically as good. (dry)

Is the mid week a good deal? The full 450$ (early season) is hard to beat.

Love to see you come over to MHM during the week. I typically have been riding Mon, Tues, or Wednesday this year. Just got past another permit inspection on the house so I am anxious to ride. Sounds like warm and wet this entire week. Bummer on that note.

Yes, the new runs really help too. I have not been up to MHM during the Holidays, so far this year they have had some good days and some bad.

I would dare say they are on par with Bachelor or maybe better considering our snow is not typically as good. (dry)

Is the mid week a good deal? The full 450$ (early season) is hard to beat.

Love to see you come over to MHM during the week. I typically have been riding Mon, Tues, or Wednesday this year. Just got past another permit inspection on the house so I am anxious to ride. Sounds like warm and wet this entire week. Bummer on that note.

the forecast makes it look like T-Line wont get much in the way of rain this week. http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?site=pqr&smap=1&textField1=45.344583333333&textField2=-121.70625 Midweek pass for MHM is 500, full is now 900. I missed out on the early season deal, was waiting to see how the season was going to shape up as the long range forecast was dodgy. Still, 975 for all 3 mts (Fusion and late season midweek@MHM) is on par with a full bachelor pass. Oh yeah, and my new VSR f-ing rocks!:1luvu:

Tline lodge is like 1500-2000 ft higher then the lodge at MHM, right? The forecast makes thursday look dry for all of hood. Will you be riding at tline this winter? Just checked into our new digs for the winter.:biggthump

MHM base lodge is about 5300 IIRC, and TLine base lodge is about 5950... not much of a difference.

Assuming that Cascade @ MHM and Magic Mile @TLine are either both open or both closed, the top elevation of both areas on a given day are within 300' of each other.

The bottom of Molly's and Flood at TLine are about 4900' - which is almost exactly halfway between the bottom of HRM and bottom of MHX at Meadows.

Bottom line: If anything, your average elevation riding at TLine during the winter is a shade lower than your average elevation at Meadows during winter. Of course once Palmer opens (and the lower lifts close) then TLine's riding is much higher.

When the wind is blowing from the west TLine is more in the line of fire and when the wind blows from the north Meadows is. Also when the wind is coming from the west sometimes the east slopes of the Cascades get cooled due to cold air trapped below warm air and sometimes this keeps Meadows cooler than TLine. Not now though... the cooling effect isn't getting up high enough. For example it's warmer at Bachelor than in Bend right now. It's a good week to be swamped at work...