Note to New Members ×

Mt Hood Timberline Reports 2009-2010

scubaree

Anyone ride on Saturday? My doughter was up and got wiped out by a skier she has sore neck and shoulder :angryfire. I'm at NOES and am a little pissed off about it:AR15firin

VERY sorry to hear about this Ross. There was a very bad car accident right at Govy just before I passed through there Saturday. Did she go to the hospital? Let me know if I can help somehow. Hope you were still able to have a good time at Not OES.

Bryan

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.timberlinelodge.com/timberline-announces-spring-pass-pricing/

• Lift access for skiing and riding at Timberline 7 days a week*

• Valid March 1st – May 31st, 2010

• No blackout dates

• The longest season on Mt. Hood

• Great freestyle terrain

• Pays for itself in just 2 visits

(*weather/conditions permitting)

Purchase between March 1st and April 4th :: Pay just $109

Purchase between April 5th and May 31st :: Pay just $99

post-198-141842309253_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
Still getting fresh tracks! Stormin Norman

Damm looks nice ! Working till friday . 12" in the last 24hrs ! Ok I am going up saturday for a tour of the ZigZag and illumination rock and maybe summit . Break out one of those splitboards you have Bryan and ride to top of the palmer? F--k moving....

Jim

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbdEBu1-zbk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbdEBu1-zbk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbdEBu1-zbk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbdEBu1-zbk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Wow great Vid Bryan . Almost looks slow mooow ...

Jim

Wow great Vid Bryan . Almost looks slow mooow ...

Jim

Yes, it looks like the camera is auto zooming at some points or something?

When I am pivoting or at the top of the ditch I slow down allot. I was traveling faster than anyone I saw ;)

Going to Timberline Wednesday I think.

Bryan

Today was cold and snow showers. Occasional glimpses of blue sky, they were fleeting at best. Cold dry snow, groomers had 1 - 4" on them. Trees and out of the way areas lots of powder left over from yesterday (10")

Light lift lines in late morning.

Don't forget to rip old Pucci a few times, the chair is closed but you can get back to Jeff Flood with a little planning.

Not sure if I can make it Thursday or Friday. You may be the only alpine riders there. I was :( The Coiler "Headhunter" ruled the mixed surfaces, carved hard on the soft groomers and made quick work of some low angle, high speed powder runs.

Bryan

post-198-1418423143_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842314304_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842314305_thumb.jpg

Sunny first thing, this quickly faded to low clouds and occasional light snow spritzing.

Kram and friends are on the Hood visiting, they sure picked a nice day to show up!!!

They said approx 8" since yesterday, however the soft groomers were pretty fresh. Powder on the sides and well, everywhere!! Fun day.

Ahh, that looks awesome. Curse this ankle sprain.

Bryan, Mark, wish I could join you guys!

Yep, would have been nice to have more folks in our PNW group get some.

Heal fast, you timed your injury pretty well really. You got the Lion's portion of the season before the boo-boo.

Thanks for your comments.

Heal fast, you timed your injury pretty well really. You got the Lion's portion of the season before the boo-boo.

Thanks. I can almost stand on it now. I'll be back in the game in a month or so and ready to ride by next season for sure.

Man, laying around and healing is getting boring!

After 2 months off the snow, I'm finally out from under this job, just in time for the last week of the condo rental:eek:. Hopefully all next week:1luvu: How is it driving up to the mountain?

Hi Galen, wondered what happened to your tribe?

On the days that have gotten snow, it has been pretty slick. Plowed and rocked but still a bit tricky at times. Chains or Snow Tires have been required allot this past couple weeks. Typically driving down the snow is melting. Today was pretty easy leaving, slick this am (beat the sander up the access road)

Friday will be an epic day. Kram and friends should have a super day.

thanks bryan. hope my 4 wheel and anti-slip diff will be good enough if it gets icey.

It is day by day of course. We had snow down to Sandy on Wednesday morning, made for a slush hydroplane drive session. It was all but gone on the way back down at 1PM.

Yesterday the Timberline road was snow covered and slick, however it was fine if you took it easy. The gravel truck had not made his pass yet (he was right behind us at 7:50am. :freak3:

Sounds like a couple days of clearing and then back to some weather next week. Hope you get some more powder!! It has been pretty darn good. :biggthump