Note to New Members ×

ECES Demos

Jack M

Would you like to have demos at ECES 2010  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have demos at ECES 2010

• Yes. I'd be very dissapointed or I may not come if there are no demos.
    • Would be nice, but not a dealbreaker.
    • No/don't care

I have been to a few ECES/SES and never been one to take advantage of the demo tent. Although I do own a Donek Metal board, and love it, it is one of the first ones. So with the latest leaps and bounds that board makers have been making, I would be interested in trying one of the latest Donek Metals, a Prior FLC Metal or if possible a Coiler Metal!

Demo is nice, but ONLY if they bring stuff they can sell too and NOT at full retail price. I have bought 4 boards from demo guys in the past because I totaly loved how they rode, OR because they were of special topsheet or pre-design that was not the actual production line version.

Every board rides differently and needs time to get used to. SOme I love, manyy I absolutely hate because it doesnt suit how I ride. I put each board thru its paces, and after an hour I can tell if I like or hate it. That being said, some boards from year to year are vastly different as to how they ride. So when I find one I like and connect with I want the option to buy it right on the spot.

I'll be there regardless, but demo tents are nice. I agree that some sort of gathering spot at the bottom of a good carving trail is good ... board or no boards it makes for a nice centralized place to meet other carvers and for curious would-be hardbooters to be indoctrinated into the clan.

You guys have told this is a "must go" event, so I'd be there regardless. That being said - it's only my second season and I've only ridden one board, which was dusted off and "gifted" to me by another generous hardbooter. It'd obviously be great to have the opportunity to try something new out.

can't you just buy her some jewelry and she'll be okay with you getting a new board? I thought that was the deal? I'm sure she likes diamonds!:biggthump

That's the problem, I haven't bought her any pearls lately... add in the offspring starting university next year (probably Dalhousie, but maybe Sherbrooke or Guelph) and that equates to not a good idea :nono:

• 3 weeks later...

I have maybe a 65% chance of attending. I would be interested in demoing some boards because, even if I have been snowboarding since 1993 and riding alpine since 1998, I don't know what type of board I would like for my next board. It doesn't guarantee that I will buy a board from the maker in the following year. I'm not a joyrider, I just want to know how different boards feel so I can make a good decision when getting my next board.