Note to New Members ×

ECES withdrawal getting bad...

Mark Brown

Tell me about it! We're waiting for bids from Sugarloaf, Stratton and Stowe to determine where it will be. Best bid wins. In order to get the best rates, we're going to have to be flexible with our dates. There is a Canadian school vacation during the 1st week of March, so that probably won't be the best week. Probably looking at either the last week of Feb or 2nd week of March. We won't go later than that.

Unless you come to Tremblant or other big places here in Quebec I doupt that our march break in Canada will bring a crowd that is like a weekend crowd. A few more people but most likely you won't even notice it... Jay peak may be more crowded as it's a popular destination but it's not on the ECES list. For sugarloaf and Stratton it won't really make a difference it's so far from here. Stowe it will be like last ECES it was right during our school break so if it wasn't crowded then no reason why it will be this time .

Probably looking at either the last week of Feb or 2nd week of March. We won't go later than that.

I really hope things work out for that last week of Feb at the 'Loaf!! I already have plans to be up at Hodge Podge Lodge for that entire week!! My fingers are crossed!!! :biggthump

All right fellas so it's getting colder in the mornings and you guys are already jonsing for snow. Man we have till December before there is any decent carving to be had:eek:

I just got some info from Stratton yesterday, I'll be getting a formal write up next week from them on a bid. Sugarloaf has yet to deliver a bid. The problem we ran into with the Loaf was that they could not be flexible with pricing because of Canadian school vacations for the 1st week in March. Yes it wouldn't be to busy Ernie but pricing would be the bigger concern. So for the Loaf it will either be the last week in Feb or 2nd week in March. Stratton and Stowe would be 1st week in March.

What it will come down to for location of the ECES 2010 will be:

1. Pricing

2. Quality carving trails

3. Grooming

4. Options for demo's, ECES functions, etc

Jack and I will be posting a decision over the next 3 weeks or so.

Unless you come to Tremblant or other big places here in Quebec I doupt that our march break in Canada will bring a crowd that is like a weekend crowd.

It's not the crowds that are the problem it's that the resort does not have to be aggressive with pricing to fill beds. We could get better rates a different week. We'll see though.

I really hope things work out for that last week of Feb at the 'Loaf!! I already have plans to be up at Hodge Podge Lodge for that entire week!! My fingers are crossed!!! :biggthump

Would that mean Team 32 would be in the house? That would be a significant consideration!

Would that mean Team 32 would be in the house? That would be a significant consideration!

yeah we're planning on taking our gong show on the road. we've already had some discussions and I think ECES is on our agenda for our pre-season meeting next weekend at the Polaris beach house. :freak3:

All right fellas so it's getting colder in the mornings and you guys are already jonsing for snow. Man we have till December before there is any decent carving to be had:eek:

I just got some info from Stratton yesterday, I'll be getting a formal write up next week from them on a bid. Sugarloaf has yet to deliver a bid. The problem we ran into with the Loaf was that they could not be flexible with pricing because of Canadian school vacations for the 1st week in March. Yes it wouldn't be to busy Ernie but pricing would be the bigger concern. So for the Loaf it will either be the last week in Feb or 2nd week in March. Stratton and Stowe would be 1st week in March.

What it will come down to for location of the ECES 2010 will be:

1. Pricing

2. Quality carving trails

3. Grooming

4. Options for demo's, ECES functions, etc

Jack and I will be posting a decision over the next 3 weeks or so.

I'm sure it is a lot of work getting all this stuff organized - thanks for all the work Geoff and Jack.

Dingbat's annual carve fest at Berkshire East in MA is planned for Sunday, February 21st.

http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=26337

Sounds like he's already secured discount tickets--that's the way its worked in previous years.

Not that a one-day event should effect the planning of ECES--just something to keep in mind.