Note to New Members ×

Fin I got a quick product for you to make!!!

Shred Gruumer

Im tired of those screws on the toe bail boring a hole into my boot.. And no..Im not going Fintec... The toe bail acts as a beer belly meter.. if I can't buckle it.. then its time!!!:( so why don't you make a toe boot protector or something you can put on the end of the cap screw so it doesn't dig in..something sperical or cylindrical... at least it may keep me from loosing screws too...

heres a few options?

And I have the perfect name for it !!!

Ready.... "The Fin Neat Toe".....

:freak3::biggthump:biggthump

Now just make me a pair.. it will only take a minute Im sure..

Right Said Shred

post-186-141842283168_thumb.jpg

I am no engineer but I'm thinkin you are just lobbying for a bigger hole!:eplus2:

correct, I a brass rounded nut on my cateks, made the area of wear bigger.

best thing I came up with was milk jug plastic stuck on to the boot with shoe goo, that worked alright

your right.. but if you would do the second or third Idea it would not.. but it all depends how much threads you would have for it to stay on.. they nylon lock nut would work.. its the blunt sharp edges that really do the damage.. I guess you could just flip it around.. but how cool is that... just looking for a Fin Neat Toe cap.... to make it pleasing to the eye as well.. just a thought guys..

time to look at Mc Master Carr..

RSS

Ummm, you mean like our new aluminum, round-nose, stop screw we use on the TD3? :freak3:

Agree, up until now we have used a stainless steel "set-screws" that had a cupped end so they where actually intended to did in. Have a couple of local old-timers who (their words) "don't trust them dang, high-toot'n, fangled steppy things". So been watching these guys and their boots. Just a small kiss mark, no more digging in. No matter what binding you use you will get a mark of some sort.

Now I know how much your looks matter to you Mr. Groomer, and fashion is your top priority. I would just get yourself a set of the new TD3 Toe Clip stop screws and be a handsome fella :biggthump

Nice graphics by the way. Is that standard aerospace code on those drawings?

post-1-141842283171_thumb.jpg

Yea, Fin.. we dropped that junk Inventor and catia.. and went with Paint.. much more free hand .. and the drawings are way more intuitive.. ahahaha:lol:

Only the bindings with screw leave a mark...F2's dont... doh! well If your not going to make the Fin Neat Toe.. then I ll have to come up with a Gruumer name for my Idea..ha:):):):):)

Its the surface area of displacement that will decrease the indentation marks.. thats where I was going with it... you know...what I mean...

Right Said Shred